Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Haven't been on here for a while but I just wanted to inform everyone that I crashed my iM on an overpass after hitting black ice.

These are the before pics of my iM ^^^

These are directly after the crash.

If anyone still wants help on ScioniMForum I'll be happy to assist.

List of mods were: DC Sports cai, Edelbrock filter, Maxbore tapered and polished tb, UM Performance ported manifold and cylinder heads, UM Performance custom high lift low duration Crower race cams, UM Performance custom knife edge crank, NST lightweight pulley, DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 EL shorty header, full custom 2.5 inch exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, UM Performance Logic+ pro tune, Tein Flex Z coilovers, TC Eibach sways, modified Energy poly control arm, motor mount and tranny mount bushings, Touren TR60 17x7.5 wheels, Atlas Force UHP tires.

I did have Transmission shuffling/slipping problems but overall, my iM was a wonderful heavily modified car. With the 2ZR-FAE 1.8L Corolla engine, it was never going to be a low end power car, but my mid-upper power was a beast.

I can definitely offer advice about modifying the iM based on my trial and error person experience.

All the best,
Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
That definitely sucks. I've done a couple of the things you've listed, have some of the others on my to-do list.

Any particular thing (or combo) you did that seemed to make the most difference?

Don't suppose you recall the PN for the TC Eibach sways, I've been striking out on finding them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The header, cams and pro tune were what made the most difference. Originally, I had the Orange Virus tune but I wanted custom work done so a local shop, Universally Modified Performance (UM Performance) worked with Matt at OV to develope a custom tune. I would have gone turbo but the transmission definitely wouldn't be able to handle it. I think I hit the most power the iM could handle.

I don't remember the PN number for the sways but I got them from Dark Horse Motorsports. I know at the time they were discontinued so idk where they can be found now tho. Sorry bro. Good luck with it tho! They definitely made a difference with the Tein coils for handling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts