Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm a bit on the fence with the below options and would love to here some feedback from fellow iM owners...

> My first choice is the Niche Turin M169.
I like this wheel as it offers some nice ball cuts that kinda match that of the ones on our ground effect kit.
Fitment will be 18x8 ET: 40

> My second choice is the Platinum 433U Hawk
This wheel somewhat resembles the factory wheel and also has some really nice stealthy ball cuts.
Fitment will be 18x8 ET: 40

> My last choice is the rotiform SPF
I love the fitment this wheel offers being it's an 8.5 with a 45 offset however I wish they offered it in Machined Black to match the Silver and Black on my iM.

Thank in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
rotiform SPF

the other ones look like they could be knock offs of the stock rim....idk just imo

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rotiform all day just because I love their wheels naturally. But the second option of wheel definitely will give you an oem plus kind of look which is pretty cool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rotiform all day just because I love their wheels naturally. But the second option of wheel definitely will give you an oem plus kind of look which is pretty cool.
Considering i'm 42 that oem plus look is most definitely the look i'm going after. The second does look good and I have someone locally who can produce the gel like Scion center cap stickers for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm revising the list as I called my rep at Platinum (I work in the wheel industry) and was advised that only one side is directional. So on one side they'll be directional and the other they'll run opposite.

So i'm adding another option to the list which is also a clean design

Rotiform TMB
Fitment 18x8.5 < which I really like and ET: 45

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rotiform wheels are junk. Over priced Chinese manufactured crap. Horrible qc and horrible at standing behind their product.
Lots have changed with that brand as of recent. Rotiform is now in partnership with MHT Wheels which is one of the most authoritative brands in the aftermarket wheel industry.

We sell a hand full of sets a week and I can tell you that the quality is flawless. I can't say much of the previous quality control as we never sold the product until MHT took over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd honestly keep looking. Some of your choices do look awfully similar to the stock wheels we already have. The third one on top kinda reminds me if truck wheels. The last rotiform you just posted are cool af a lot of people are using those wheels. But that's just the same they are popular.

I like the last one the most. Have fun with whichever you choose!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd honestly keep looking. Some of your choices do look awfully similar to the stock wheels we already have. The third one on top kinda reminds me if truck wheels. The last rotiform you just posted are cool af a lot of people are using those wheels. But that's just the same they are popular.

I like the last one the most. Have fun with whichever you choose!
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with the last one posted and 19x8.5 +35 instead of 18x8.5. Should be interesting, we'll see when they arrive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 3rd Wheel the Rotiform looks the best out of the 3 wheels.

Rotiform Wheels are kinda heavy in weight.

Are going for a Fender Flush look??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 3rd Wheel the Rotiform looks the best out of the 3 wheels.

Rotiform Wheels are kinda heavy in weight.

Are going for a Fender Flush look??
As flush as I can. I'll post pics of the final set up shortly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts