Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace their windshield? Did it have to be recalibrated? I’m going the process of having it replaced . I have a 2018 Im

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m almost positive it does . I recently got my windshield replaced through Safelite and they said they couldn’t use one of their mobile technicians due to it needing to be recalibrated .I’d imagine it would still work to some degree (non-calibrated) but I didn’t want to take the chance so I just took it in to them anyways .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did yours work properly when you got it replaced ? I have a mobile place coming out but they’re calibration location a about a hour out from me . They told me I can get it replaced and take it later . Which is probably what I’ll do . I’ll update how it is after just incase someone else is wanting to know . I was told from a place it would still work unless my car was in a accident and then it would most likely need it . Gonna get it done either way I just wanted to know if I would be ok to drive it afterwards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it replaced . Everything functions the same . So at the moment there is no need for a calibration. The tech told me as long as he dosnt unplug any of the cameras there’s no need for a calibration. Was told by another tech as well that’s how big glass companies and the dealership makes money .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts