Scion iM Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I guess my Sick Speed 8" blue flower shift knob is officially my first mod... lol. I bought this shift knob for my 2013 Toyota Yaris a few months ago and I made sure to get it from the car when it was totaled in a wreck a few weeks ago. I was positive it wouldn't fit in my new iM but to my surprise it did!! I was literally in tears when I saw that it was a perfect fit because that Yaris was my baby and I loved that little car alot. That shift knob is like a small piece of the personality my little Yaris had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So far, overall LED conversion on all interior/exterior lights

Future Plans:
Objective> Aesthetics
Slight changes, making somewhat of a special edition IM model with red striping, "iM" Badge coloured in (RED,WHITE,BLACK) Rooftop will be wrapped in Gloss Black. I am currently working on some seat covers to give the interior of flare.

I will be making a visual rendering soon.

As far as performance; waiting on a coil over kit and cold air system...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I guess my Sick Speed 8" blue flower shift knob is officially my first mod... lol. I bought this shift knob for my 2013 Toyota Yaris a few months ago and I made sure to get it from the car when it was totaled in a wreck a few weeks ago. I was positive it wouldn't fit in my new iM but to my surprise it did!! I was literally in tears when I saw that it was a perfect fit because that Yaris was my baby and I loved that little car alot. That shift knob is like a small piece of the personality my little Yaris had.

Were you part of the YarisWorld Forums? I just recently found a picture of my Yaris... after a long run in North California... Off Road :D

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
That's a crazy shift knob, i've seen a lot of these showing up, I think drifters are the group that love them a lot.

How it is for shifting in comparsion to the traditional knob?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Plans/Wish-list:

These are not really full-on mods, more like accessories:)

- Mud guards
- Window guards
- OEM wheel lock set
- Rear bumper protector
- Trunk cargo net
- OEM lower body graphics (maybe...)
- TRD iM accessories

·
Registered
122 Posts
Were you part of the YarisWorld Forums? I just recently found a picture of my Yaris... after a long run in North California... Off Road :D
Yes I was but I hung out more on the Yaris/Vits World-wide Club group on Facebook.
:)

Love that pic!! See thats what Im talking about.. the Yaris has such an awesome little personality. It almost looks like yours has a mischievous grin on its face from playing in the mud. Hahaha!!
>:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is the first time I've seen a shift knob that long and it looks amazing! Do you shift by holding the top, bottom or middle of it?
Thanks.. its called (excuse the term, lol) a "Dildo" shifter in the drift world. A lot of people make fun of them to be honest but I love it. Its also pretty comfortable too. I like to rest my arm on it while sitting at a red light or when im messing with the radio.. lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's a crazy shift knob, i've seen a lot of these showing up, I think drifters are the group that love them a lot.

How it is for shifting in comparsion to the traditional knob?
Its actually pretty nice cus its right there when you need it.. I like it cus its comfortable, I like to rest my arm on it at times lol.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks.. its called (excuse the term, lol) a "Dildo" shifter in the drift world. A lot of people make fun of them to be honest but I love it. Its also pretty comfortable too. I like to rest my arm on it while sitting at a red light or when im messing with the radio.. lol.
:eek: Lol, I learn something new every day. Can kind of see where it got the name but hey, it looks great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Plans/Wish-list:

These are not really full-on mods, more like accessories:)

- Mud guards
- Window guards
- OEM wheel lock set
- Rear bumper protector
- Trunk cargo net
- OEM lower body graphics (maybe...)
- TRD iM accessories
Any specific TRD accessories that you'll be looking for? Are you thinking that there are more coming out that you'll wait for, or are you going to choose from what is already available?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can start this as a new thread instead if that's better, but since it's probably mods doing it, I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking to buy a Scion tC. One car I've looked at closely a 2012, 42k miles, the dealer will give a good price (asking $12k, probably will give at $11k). HOWEVER...

Does anyone put on different struts (or shocks)? How does that change the ride? This car is bumpy. The Toyota service that did a pre-buy inspection says it's the 4 year old original OEM tires that have 4-5/32 left. Can that be? ...I'm wondering if there's aftermarket strut changes that tend to do that?

Can I tell if it's an non-stock exhaust by looking at it (not on a lift)? Someone pointed out it's a smaller tailpipe and stock is usually wider. It's a bit loud for my taste, and other Scions have been okay.

Thank you for any ideas!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can start this as a new thread instead if that's better, but since it's probably mods doing it, I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking to buy a Scion tC. One car I've looked at closely a 2012, 42k miles, the dealer will give a good price (asking $12k, probably will give at $11k). HOWEVER...

Does anyone put on different struts (or shocks)? How does that change the ride? This car is bumpy. The Toyota service that did a pre-buy inspection says it's the 4 year old original OEM tires that have 4-5/32 left. Can that be? ...I'm wondering if there's aftermarket strut changes that tend to do that?

Can I tell if it's an non-stock exhaust by looking at it (not on a lift)? Someone pointed out it's a smaller tailpipe and stock is usually wider. It's a bit loud for my taste, and other Scions have been okay.

Thank you for any ideas!!
Wouldn't it be better for you to ask about this on a forum for Scion tC owners? Most people here don't have much knowledge about that model.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts