Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I've noticed some things I do Like & Don't Like so far

Dislike:

- Black Piano Exterior finish on the front bumper and rear...because if you use cleaning chemicals it doesnt agree w/ that Piano Blk finish and smears all over.

- Cheap Shift Knob

- The Engine bay layout of stuff...Whats w/ the Coolant hose looking like an eye-sore of how they ran it....along w/ the exposed ECU cable connectors.

- Lagging of acceleration off the line from a stop

- Wheel Design

- Steering Wheel

- Sport Mode Button - Car really goes!

- Seats are like a 50/50

- LED Tails / LED DRL's

- Auto-Folding Mirrors

- Inside Tech Stuff

·
Registered
42 Posts
My biggest complaint is with the drivers side leg room width wise. I'm a fairly large guy and it's kind of tight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dislike:

-Engine is underpowered for the weight of the car
-Sight height off the floor pan should be about 1-2 inches lower
-Paint is too soft

Like:

-Stereo
-Interior
-Exterior design

Its a stylish car... just sluggish.

·
Registered
352 Posts
haha dude I HATEEEE the stock wheels! I think they look like some crap knock off honda civic rims lol I hadddd to buy aftermarket rims
I think they are definitely better than the stock civic rims, those things are horrendous ! But they are totally ugly.. can't completely disagree with you ahah

·
Registered
168 Posts
Like:
-Stereo
-Styling
-Lights (LEDs)
-All the standard gizmo features, especially bluetooth

Dislike:
-holding steering wheel at 3 and 9 feels unnatural, it's too thin or something and i have to rest all my arm weight on my thumbs to hold on
-Driver seating is crammed, my knee touches the dash, i'm 6'4"
-rear view mirror is really low
-ugghh the 2 tone wheels are disgusting, i'm dipping them next week

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dislike the unusable Armrest too.....Too skinny and sits too far back...should stuck it on a slider or something...

-rear view mirror is really low
This too...it does sit low and forward than usual...its odd in a way...haha

·
Registered
661 Posts
At least now that it seems to be a model Toyota will adopt and rework into their way of creating options in a car, we might see them address this along with other year-to-year changes in a model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought of one more. The engines inability to slow down the car. I have the stick and it can't slow itself down to save it's life.

·
Registered
196 Posts
haha dude I HATEEEE the stock wheels! I think they look like some crap knock off honda civic rims lol I hadddd to buy aftermarket rims
iM's stock rims isnt that bad. Personally, I like it and would probably stick with it.

Our rims does not seem to look bad even the 2017 Hyundai Elantra copied it lol :)

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another Dislike....How random is that White Vinyl covered strip on the dashboard on the passenger side?

Its an Eye-Sore.....Is there a purpose why they made that White Colored and nothing else in the Interior matches it?

I plan to take it off and re-wrap it in a Darker cloth material possibly...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another Dislike....How random is that White Vinyl covered strip on the dashboard on the passenger side?

Its an Eye-Sore.....Is there a purpose why they made that White Colored and nothing else in the Interior matches it?

i like the white, wish there was more of it so i'm gonna be vinyl wrapping some parts of the interior white to match. i agree it doesn't match anything though.

·
Registered
196 Posts

They should at least have based it on the color of the car...

·
Registered
35 Posts
They should at least have based it on the color of the car...
I agree and Toyota only did this to the white iM. For the owners that plan to upgrade that particular part, be carefull not to damage it because it's very expensive. It will set you back about $500.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some more dislikes:

The door armrests are pretty much useless when sitting in the passenger seat....If they were raised another inch and moved inward like 1.5" then it be actual useful.
Same goes w/ the center armrest need to be a lil wider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

New Owner and new to the forum. Here are my initial pro/con of the car. I only have 1,000 miles on the car, so this is just preliminary observations.

Pros:

Seats (particularly driver)
Steering Wheel
Amenities in the car..ie..tech and climate control
Looks (I think it looks fantastic)
License plate location (weird I know..but on my wifes car, Acura TSX Sportwagon, the plate is on the hatch and it rattles every time you shut it.
LED DRL and tail lights
Cost!!! (I got a fantastic deal on mine..I intentionally cross shopped the Mazda to this and it wasn't even close. This is purely on aminities vs amenities. Not engines. To get the same level of items you had to jump to
the bigger engine and that made the price jump significantly)

Cons:
Wheels (I personally don't like them. They seem to be love or hate at this point. I bought some 17" Enkei PDC in grey...much better)
Shifter throw (I just got in my TWM short shifter so we will see if that makes the "big" difference)
Arm Rest (For me I just need more padding. Better material would be nice too. Maybe at some point I will have it redone in leather with better padding.)
MFD (Don't get me wrong I like the quality of it, I just want more information available.)
Power (I drove this against the Mazda and that was the real hot button issue. Even the smaller engine Mazda felt faster. I just wish they could have given us 20 more HP.)
Navigation (It's nice and I like it (don't use it but like it) I just wish they would have put a dedicated Nav button on the unit instead of having to push "media" to get to it.
Satellite Radio (I miss my XM)

That all being said I love this car. I also ordered some TB Performance braces to help with the modest body roll. Waiting for more coil over options to surface before I go there. This is really just a commuter vehicle for me. I don't really need anything at all...it's purely just "wants" for me.

Cheers,
Cosmo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts