Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 18 iM. Was going to buy a set of snow tires/rims for the winter.

Does the TPMS sensor need to work? My last car that had TPMS sensors, I'd just change the wheels every year and deal with an annoying light for a few months.
Are there any programmers to reprogram these myself if I get TPMS sensors in the snow tires?

Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
It has been mentioned before by someone that they were able to get their sensors cloned by the tire shop for their winter set if I recall.

The Carista App (with ODB2 Dongle) can register the new sensors with the car. https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/scion/im/1st-gen (look under advanced service) You would just have to do it each time you swapped between winter/summer sets.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Just bought an 18 iM. Was going to buy a set of snow tires/rims for the winter.

Does the TPMS sensor need to work? My last car that had TPMS sensors, I'd just change the wheels every year and deal with an annoying light for a few months.
Are there any programmers to reprogram these myself if I get TPMS sensors in the snow tires?

Thank you
Any halfway decent shop should be able to set these up for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.