Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good News: I took a closer look at one of the display vehicles and the rear fenders are prerolled (or precut) meaning there's nothing sticking out (or in) for maximum clearance. Well done Scion!

Post your wheel and tire fitments here so people know what will fit and what will not. Please include your wheel diameter, width, offset, tire size and what level of drop if any.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey

Any thoughts on what people are thinking of putting on their cars? Will probably be picking up my car in a month or so. Looking at 18 inch enkei tsp6 to look similar to the concept car. Will probably stay at stock ride height and use a fairly conservative offset and width.

Aaron

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm really hoping people don't go full retard and stretch tires, negative 15 degrees of camber out some 18x10 wheels on these.

I am 100% against the "stance" movement.

Function > Form

That being said I would really like to see what a set of Silver 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1's with some 245/40/17's wrapped on them look like. I'm not sure what the weight on the OEM wheels are, but it would be nice to free up some unsprung weight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A lot of websites are reporting conflicting information with regards to the tire specs and possible changes in rim size. Some report only being able to do the same, some report downsizing possible, some report only going 18 being possible. Some report the factory specs incorrectly based on what I've been seeing here (reports 17x7.5 rather than 7, for instance).

I'm guessing 16x7 is possible but I'm not even sure (would like Winter tires that are smaller, y'know).

Hub bore appears to be at 60.1?

I'll go consult the dealer this afternoon. Here's to hoping all the websites get their **** in order within the next few months.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm really hoping people don't go full retard and stretch tires, negative 15 degrees of camber out some 18x10 wheels on these.

I am 100% against the "stance" movement.

Function > Form

That being said I would really like to see what a set of Silver 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1's with some 245/40/17's wrapped on them look like. I'm not sure what the weight on the OEM wheels are, but it would be nice to free up some unsprung weight.
Same here, i'm more into a race inspired look, much like the wheel setup here:

Not the greatest example but enough to give you an idea.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Test fitting my neons wheels for fun.
Str 517 17x9 20 mm offset.
235/40 nitto nt05
Holy poke. That offset is wayyyyyy too low. Definitely appreciate you posting the pictures though for a visual though. I am looking at a set of 17x8 40mm offset wheels.

Reactions: IM Matt

·
Registered
661 Posts
I hope cops don't bother you for that setup since I have seen some guys into the stance seen getting in trouble for wheels that stick out like that, even ones that didn't have crazy negative camber

·
Registered
9 Posts
They do poke out a bit I guess it's the angle that makes it seem worse than it really is. Also the car being so high doesn't help. These are my cars wheels tho I was just bored and wanted to get a idea on what could fit. 17x9 worth about a 30-35 mm offset would be a better fit tho 20 mm is too low for these cars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They do poke out a bit I guess it's the angle that makes it seem worse than it really is. Also the car being so high doesn't help. These are my cars wheels tho I was just bored and wanted to get a idea on what could fit. 17x9 worth about a 30-35 mm offset would be a better fit tho 20 mm is too low for these cars.
Even a 30-35mm offset would still be pretty extreme. I would think 40mm would be target, depending on alignment specs.

Reactions: ovmech

·
Registered
331 Posts
I found these two gents cruising on Instagram... Our Australian brethren were kind enough to give me their wheel size and offset specs to help with fitment... The Blue Auirs is running 18x8 +35mm wheels with a 30mm lowering spring, and the white Auris has 18x8.75 +38mm with BC coilovers slammed (he mentioned some rubbing but only on the inner fender liner black plastic stuff).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ordered a set of 16" backbones with DWS06s. I'll keep you fellas posted on the looks and driving. Less unsprung weight, a bit more cushioning and a direct feelin' tire is gud.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dude D:

Hey, if we ever run into each other indirectly in a parking lot or something, let's agree to put a paper note on each other's car, aight?

Supposedly getting an ETA on the new rubber soon.

By Backbones I meant these:

They're not expensive, have the looks I want and weigh under 16 pounds. Dat unsprung weight reduction.

Going 225/50 whereas I'm running 215/55 this Winter.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am getting ready to install some wheels. I had to do a little reading to figure out what I was getting into. One question I have is about hub centric rings. Are they worth getting or required? The OEM outer hub bore is 60.1 from what I am reading and the wheel I am getting has a inside bore of 72.62. I plan on installing the H&R springs after I see how the wheels look and I'm going to install them myself. It is still too hot here so I'm waiting on cooler weather. Going from a 50? offset to a 38 offset moves my wheel out 12mm or .462 inches. I am staying with the stock size 17X7 and my stock Toyo's for now. I'm going with the Enkei J10 in silver PN#409-770-12SP.

For reference on centric rings:

spigot rings - 72.6 mm -> 60.1 mm - HubCentric-Rings.com

This site lets me see the different wheel setups in relationship to the hub.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

General information on tire sizes for the iM:

Scion iM 2016 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

Tires for Scion iM 2016

Diameters: 17.0'' - 19.0''
Width (mm): 225 - 255
Tire aspect ratio (%): 30 - 45
Smallest tire size: 225/45R17
Largest tire size: 255/30R19
Rims for Scion iM 2016

Bolt pattern 5x114.3
Diameter: 17.0'' - 19.0'';
Width (inches): 7 - 9;
Offset (mm): 38 - 50.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here are my wheels. Stayed 17" and kept my Toyo's. Enkei J10 in silver PN#409-770-12SP. These wheels have 38MM offset. Gorilla centric rings from Amazon, Black lugs.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts