Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At THREE THOUSAND pounds this car is a pig. The sister car Lexus CT weighs only one hundred pounds more and it's a luxury car with an extra engine! Post your weight reduction mods with before and after results such as carbon fiber hood, AC removal, etc.

·
Registered
411 Posts
At THREE THOUSAND pounds this car is a pig. The sister car Lexus CT weighs only one hundred pounds more and it's a luxury car with an extra engine! Post your weight reduction mods with before and after results such as carbon fiber hood, AC removal, etc.

AC removal? You're kidding, right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
@igs @bicepeak
Here are some mod i did to my previous car for weight reduction:

Carbon fiber stuff (hood, trunk etc)
Lighter exhaust components
CAI
Light wheel
Take the spare wheel off the car. (only apply to some ppl. I really dont use the spare wheel at all)

do what you think is necessary...i seem people do the back seat delete. but i dont think i will take off my back seat on the iM at all.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Two things I recall being posted elsewhere in the forum which could go here was lightweight crank pulley and someone shed some pounds with a new set of rims.
Every pound lighter that you can make the wheels equals saving 4 lbs from the car itself. my new Enkei TD5 wheels are 5.5 lbs lighter than the OEM alloy wheels. That's like making the car itself close to 100lbs lighter! I installed a DNA exhaust that is lighter, DC Sports header, and CAI which are both lighter. A little here and a little there makes a difference. If you can also add a few HP here and there you are helping yourself on both sides.

The other option is to just turbocharge your iM like I did my 2009 Corolla S. There are iM owners that have used the same turbo kit on the iM too.

Reactions: IM Matt
1 - 16 of 16 Posts