Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the spec sheet the stock sway bars are 23.2mm Front and 22.0mm Rear. That seems unusually large for stock sway bars. Are they hollow? I wonder how big aftermarket bars will be.

·
Registered
661 Posts
As for aftermarket bars, you're more than likely be able to come across a set from TRD before the other brands due to the Auris. Going to keep an eye out for them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If those are indeed the size for the stock bars I see no reason to upgrade for a car this size / weight... possibly stiffer endlinks depending on the OEM materials used, but those are pretty stout for a car this size.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have found its always a great idea to upgrade the RSB to at least a 26mm size....You will feel the difference when taking corners or a swift lane change.

Dont really need to get fancy aftermarket Endlinks either....MOOG Brand are good if they make them for the iM....Just OEM are good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Imho the rear double wishbone is just great so not much sense on tightening it up ..unless you're autoXn' then by all means let us know of something stronger with links & review

Read & I believe this to be true that the front strut bar may be just an accessory as suspension is mounted close to the frame & Lower chassis braces will be more beneficial..

BUT If you're like me & others that are keen on upgrades you have or develop this little sensitivity in every mod done to the car due to being a modder & being in tuned to what you love in this case the car lols

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's so true. LM Performance AND ModInJapan both had it listed but emailed saying the bar is unavailable and is being taken off the site. Bummer 😔

I bought the '16 iM after a head on collision totalled my Civic so I missed out on a lot that was available during Scion production. Live and learn I guess..

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That's so true. LM Performance AND ModInJapan both had it listed but emailed saying the bar is unavailable and is being taken off the site. Bummer 😔

I bought the '16 iM after a head on collision totalled my Civic so I missed out on a lot that was available during Scion production. Live and learn I guess..
Keep hunting.

I went ahead and bought the rear strut bar from TB. I know it is not as good but I got tired of hunting.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Keep hunting.

I went ahead and bought the rear strut bar from TB. I know it is not as good but I got tired of hunting.
I'll do my best but Google is getting fed up with me lol

I have both front and rear strut bars and coupled with lowering springs and UHP tires, made a huge difference in handling. TB Performance makes great products.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts