Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a former Scion Owner...now a Mazda Owner.

I bought my 2006 Scion tC brand spank'in new.....Loved this car when it first came out in 05...couldnt wait to own one.

I didnt know a **** thing about this car so I joined a few scion car forums like "Scionlife" and "Clubsciontc" or something like that....haha...Had a lot of epic forum fights w/ other people...This was before FB Car Groups too.

This was the "Hey-Day" of the Scion Community too 06-10 there were Scion Car Shows held at Scion dealerships almost every weekend during the summer....that gave away a shitload of free shwag....it was cool.

Met a huge amount of Scion Owners I was involved w/ 3 different Scion Car Clubs.
Too bad Scion couldn't keep that kind of momentum going...

I accidentally killed my scion in 2012 bought a 2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback I love this car...it was indeed an upgrade from my tC.

My G/F purchased the 2016 iM and just seeing how cool the Scion people still are in a Car Forum instead of a FB Group page....haha

Mazda Owners are not very active in the Car Forums anymore....They are all on FB Group pages these days....

Just thought I share this!..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds way too interesting to not ask about.
Well...... I decided to get my VC powdercoated....so I did...

the place didnt tell I needed to do anything before re-install...I was just excited how awesome it looked...wasnt thinking at the time...
So popped the VC back on went for a drive....till the CEL came on...I was like WTF?....then the car started acting weird too....I was like WTF!

Had a professional take a look...he said I killed the Rod Bearings...I would need a new motor!....So I didnt have the cash...I made the very hard decision in returning my tC back to stock form...traded it in for my Mazda....
I miss the tC a lot....I have more pleasure & fun w/ my Mazda though.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

the place didnt tell I needed to do anything before re-install...I was just excited how awesome it looked...wasnt thinking at the time...
So popped the VC back on went for a drive....till the CEL came on...I was like WTF?....then the car started acting weird too....I was like WTF!

Had a professional take a look...he said I killed the Rod Bearings...I would need a new motor!....So I didnt have the cash...I made the very hard decision in returning my tC back to stock form...traded it in for my Mazda....
What's a VC?

The self created problems are the worst. On my previous car I had an intake that I did not realize was rubbing on some wires. Nice $300 learning curve.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's a VC?

The self created problems are the worst. On my previous car I had an intake that I did not realize was rubbing on some wires. Nice $300 learning curve.
Valve Cover....the 1st Gen was made of metal.

·
Registered
352 Posts

How did powder coating the valve cover end up ruining the rod bearings ? Or am I just being a tool and reading this all wrong and it happened separately lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did powder coating the valve cover end up ruining the rod bearings ? Or am I just being a tool and reading this all wrong and it happened separately lol
the VC has to be taken off...so the underside was exposed to the elements...I was supposed to clean the inside of any debris etc...And I didnt so debris fell into the engine and clogged the oil ducts or something...then killed the Rod Bearings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts