Scion iM Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Let me know how this has worked out. Pics too!
I will. I'm hoping to get these installed soon. I just installed my Tanabe springs and FSB along with my TWM short shifter. I'm trying to get caught up on all of my car projects.

I detailed my 2017 RAV4 a few days ago and yesterday I detailed my 2006 Scion xB. She has never looked so good in the 5 years I've owned it. The shine is insane in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I feel like the DC sports brand is a little higher quality. Hopefully I’m right, I’ll probably order today, they have the intakes 20% off right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel like the DC sports brand is a little higher quality. Hopefully I’m right, I’ll probably order today, they have the intakes 20% off right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Injen is definitely better quality. DC Sports is owned by Pilot Automotive which sells their cheap aftermarket parts at OReilley. It was a bummer when AEM sold DC to Pilot. I ordered the Injen and it will be here tomorrow. Wish AEM had a CAI for the iM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Questions about the mod

I was curious to know if it is 100% necessary to run a tube from the connection (bottom of air box) once the mod is complete, or is it possible to just leave the connection wide open straight from the air box? Also was curious if an aftermarket drop-in filter was necessary for sound/power improvement?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I was curious to know if it is 100% necessary to run a tube from the connection (bottom of air box) once the mod is complete, or is it possible to just leave the connection wide open straight from the air box? Also was curious if an aftermarket drop-in filter was necessary for sound/power improvement?
I have a washable aftermarket drop-in filter on my wife's xB. Even if it is not a huge power change, it at least reduces the cost of buying a new filter all the time.

When I first had the car before I got an open-intake I removed all the accordion stuff on the intake but still left a portion of the air tube in place

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the Injen, it's install is a bit of a bitch, taking off the bumper is the easiest way due to the baffles behind the bumper designed to keep noise down. Injen's goes straight down that hole, which means you have to take everything out, but all in all I love it, the way it sounds.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought that I had posted pics of this but I hadn't. I installed the DC Sports CAI and ceramic 4-2-1 header. With the DNA exhaust, JET MAF, and Quantum Solenoids. This has transformed my car, what a difference. The power increase is fantastic. I haven't had it on the dyno yet but I'm loving it. I took a 4550-mile road trip on back roads with elevations up to 12' feet and even at altitude it pulls the passes great.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I thought that I had posted pics of this but I hadn't. I installed the DC Sports CAI and ceramic 4-2-1 header. With the DNA exhaust, JET MAF, and Quantum Solenoids. This has transformed my car, what a difference. The power increase is fantastic. I haven't had it on the dyno yet but I'm loving it. I took a 4550-mile road trip on back roads with elevations up to 12' feet and even at altitude it pulls the passes great.

Looking good man :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Injen is definitely better quality. DC Sports is owned by Pilot Automotive which sells their cheap aftermarket parts at OReilley. It was a bummer when AEM sold DC to Pilot. I ordered the Injen and it will be here tomorrow. Wish AEM had a CAI for the iM.
This. The Injen is a reputable brand and then DC is now a subsidiary of Pilot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
This. The Injen is a reputable brand and then DC is now a subsidiary of Pilot.
I have the DC Sport CAI and it's every bit as good as the Injen. I've seen both and they are both excellent CAI.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the DC Sport CAI and it's every bit as good as the Injen. I've seen both and they are both excellent CAI.
Well that's definitely good to hear! Is the DC Sports easier to install because of the break in tubing?

201 - 213 of 213 Posts