Scion iM Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Did you feel much difference after you removed charcoal filter? I did not remove mine and I will most likely keep it. I am happy with my performance improvement already. Since I am trying to keep my car as much OEM as possible, I will not be getting CAI or anything else.
Even if you did get a SRI or CAI it's pretty simple to go back to stock if you keep the OEM intake. The sound alone is worth it! ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Running the TRD intake. Yes I know a few of you guys aren't fond of this setup but spent about $200, looks stock, and is legal. I did pull out the carbon filter. This paired with the DNA exhaust is a great combo. On my Tacoma I'm running both TRD intake and exhaust combo so figured I would give this a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Running the TRD intake. Yes I know a few of you guys aren't fond of this setup but spent about $200, looks stock, and is legal. I did pull out the carbon filter. This paired with the DNA exhaust is a great combo. On my Tacoma I'm running both TRD intake and exhaust combo so figured I would give this a try.
For $200, sure. For the $350 ish, no way

·
Registered
81 Posts
For $200, sure. For the $350 ish, no way
Haha yes I agree. There's no way I would've paid that much when as long as you buy the pieces individually it's a better price. I did the same trick on my Tacoma and it's TRD intake. Thanks to oempartworld.com for the good prices too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I reviewed all this thread but haven`t seen anything about check engine light. Does it come up with after market intakes? like HPS or AEM ? I am planning to buy one of the short ram kits

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I reviewed all this thread but haven`t seen anything about check engine light. Does it come up with after market intakes? like HPS or AEM ? I am planning to buy one of the short ram kits
Then that's your answer ;-)

Unless you did not reconnect something properly you should not get warning lights. It is also a good idea to unplug the battery for a while before doing this. It resets the computer to remap the Air Flow plus it is just a good practice to prevent shorts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my hps k&n intake this morning and installed this afternoon! Hands down best purchase I've made so far. It's a short ram style intake but it come with the heat shield and when you remove all of the old air box housing (including the piece going down into the wheel well) it's gives you tons of space and more airflow into the engine! It looks absolutely amazing and sounds incredible, very deep and throaty! If you're looking to order one let me know and I can get it for you at cost! I posted one stock photo and the rest after the install!
Can you pm me the cost please thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts

Unless you did not reconnect something properly you should not get warning lights. It is also a good idea to unplug the battery for a while before doing this. It resets the computer to remap the Air Flow plus it is just a good practice to prevent shorts
Great Thank you for the battery tip also

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Great Thank you for the battery tip also
No problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took out the restrictive carbon filter and snorkel but will get a k&n drop in filter tomorrow. When I replace the drop in filter, should I disconnect the battery again to reset the ECU or will just putting in the filter be ok?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not yet. I was told to put the throttle body on first. Then go from there. I just dont see how it will line up. Sad cuz I've heard it sounds really good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not yet. I was told to put the throttle body on first. Then go from there. I just dont see how it will line up. Sad cuz I've heard it sounds really good.
Why would you swap out the throttle body first? There is a huge restriction in the stock intake removing the restriction by replacing the entire intake with aftermarket or just removing the charcoal filter will improve the air flow to the engine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hello,

There is an article online from Super Street for basic mods. Just type in superstreetonline.com and search under project car. You'll see an article about the Scion iM.

They also have something for the suspension mods.
I've tried to find the DC ceramic headers that they installed and saw a solid 11WHP increase but I've had no luck finding them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Finally found them under some other listings. They show them for the 2016 Scion iM but not the 17-18 Corolla iM. I just happened to find them so I finally ordered a set of the headers. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ordered a DC Sports CAI to go with my headers from them.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts