Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TFL was at the NY Auto Show and they put together a video that goes over the Scion iA and the iM. It tells you everything you need to know about the two vehicles in a nice bite size video. Well worth your 5 minutes.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nothing really new here, most of the information provided has been on this forum for some time now, but it was nice to get an interior tour of the iA

·
Registered
312 Posts
I guess I didn't realize, until I saw the video, how much those rear bumper lower reflectors stick out from the fascia. Wonder why they even put the black surround on them and didn't just stick them in the bumper cover.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I guess I didn't realize, until I saw the video, how much those rear bumper lower reflectors stick out from the fascia. Wonder why they even put the black surround on them and didn't just stick them in the bumper cover.
I'm not seeing the black surround you're talking about, post a picture highlighting them.

All I see is a reflector in a bumper with the entire area surrounding the reflector in the same color as the body

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well keep in mind that TFL can only say what Scion/Toyota says they can and/or what TFL knows in the first place. So basically they are able to say all the info that has been released so far.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pause the video around 3.22 and 3.27 and look at the lower reflectors. I don't think pictures will do it justice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its also nice to just get a walk around look at the Scion iM. Gives you a bit better idea of how lighting affects it and what the transitions from one area of the car to another is. I have to say that I really like the taillights.

·
Registered
661 Posts
In person is always the best. Even when it comes to proportions it helps to understand them in person as video's and pictures aren't always the best representation.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have to figure pretty soon since its not like the iM has to go through much development or anything like that.

In an article published on April 17th I read this:

Detailed specifications and pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.
So I think we are still waiting.

·
Registered
661 Posts
then there's always the chance some or all of that will leak days or even weeks leading up to it, as i've seen happen with other vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts