Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any have the torque specs for these 4 bolts? I will always torque to spec when it comes to anything suspension related.

The only torque spec was, "That seems even." I would prefer to have them torqued properly but don't currently have a torque wrench nor know what it would be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any have the torque specs for these 4 bolts? I will always torque to spec when it comes to anything suspension related.
I had a similar question on another forum awhile back. An answer I received was before taking anything apart, put your torque wrench on the bolt(s) starting with a low setting and then increase the setting until the torque wrench stops clicking. Once it stops clicking and you actually turn the bolt you have determined the torque used originally.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello my name is Matt I just joined the site today April 13th.....I bought my iM in August 2016 I bought the complete TB Performance Brace kit plus the trunk brace.I feel it did make a world of difference in handling in my iM !!!!Cheers

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hello my name is Matt I just joined the site today April 13th.....I bought my iM in August 2016 I bought the complete TB Performance Brace kit plus the trunk brace.I feel it did make a world of difference in handling in my iM !!!!Cheers
I also have the Tanabe strut bar, works well with the mid chassis brace.

Not gonna get the hatch strut bar, too much stuff going on back there.

Curious on the traction bar, but I've heard mixed results when you have independent suspension.

Also looking at the Eibach sway bars.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after the successful install and great results of TB Performance Products Mid Chassis Brace I got looking around at what else they have.

I asked about the Rear Mid Chassis Brace being offered for the tC2. Products

He affirmed that it would work on the iM, so guess what I am buying next.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was looking at these chassis braces too. I added several to my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and it made a huge difference so I'll look at adding them to my new 2017 Corolla iM too. :D

Reactions: IM Matt

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do it?

This car is never gonna be quick, but it can handle quite well.
It would be quick with turbo power like my Corolla S, it's a beast with 230HP now! >:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was looking at those part I have a TRD strut bar on my IM got it from a TC that came in as a used car to the dealer. It made cornering night and day difference. Are those TB Parts worth the money?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking at those part I have a TRD strut bar on my IM got it from a TC that came in as a used car to the dealer. It made cornering night and day difference. Are those TB Parts worth the money?
I absolutely recommend them. Makes cornering a dream.

The only issue that can arise is that they stick down from the frame a solid inch and a half. If you have a significant drop this can add to some clearance issues

·
Registered
81 Posts
I absolutely recommend them. Makes cornering a dream.

The only issue that can arise is that they stick down from the frame a solid inch and a half. If you have a significant drop this can add to some clearance issues
I remember I made a similar subframe brace for my 300zx 20 years ago out of aluminum bar and yes they do make a great difference. But yes, careful going over crap, as I remember getting mine ripped right off the car. That one only hung down about 3/8 inch.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts