Scion iM Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thinking about grabbing a Tanabe Strut Bar for the iM, how well does it work? At least is it worth the $130? Install seems simple enough.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Dave, definitely going to get that mid chassis back for my car, looks great! Got the Tanabe bar and will install when I get back to my car (on school break for the time being, really miss it lol). I’m going to be posting a bunch when I get it all installed, as I’m getting the strut bar, the brace, and got some wheels for my ride!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks Dave, definitely going to get that mid chassis back for my car, looks great! Got the Tanabe bar and will install when I get back to my car (on school break for the time being, really miss it lol). I’m going to be posting a bunch when I get it all installed, as I’m getting the strut bar, the brace, and got some wheels for my ride!
Enjoy when you get to it :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I ordered one also and it just arrived today! :)

Reactions: davect01

·
Registered
447 Posts
Have a fun install
I've installed them on my other cars but I'll wait for a warmer day. I'll do it the same time as I install my Tanabe lowering springs. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Installed mine a few weeks ago, it's definitely stiffer and tighter in turns. Looks great! I'll post up pictures in a bit. The install was fairly straightforward but quite a pain in the neck with that back bolt.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Installed mine a few weeks ago, it's definitely stiffer and tighter in turns. Looks great! I'll post up pictures in a bit. The install was fairly straightforward but quite a pain in the neck with that back bolt.
Glad you enjoy it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I installed mine, finally! I love the look and feel of it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I swapped my Tanabe FSB out for a DC Sports FSB since the anodized red didn't look right with my hydro dipped engine cover. I surprised my son-in-law and installed it on his 2018 Corolla iM. Needless to say he was very excited.

Here is the Tanabe FSB installed on his car.

Now both of our Corolla iM are happy!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts