Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a Toyota Auris TS Excel Hybrid in UK which I understand is the the Scion iM. The TS is a Touring Sport, a Wagon or Estate car to normal people. I have been trying to source a Stone and Bug deflector to protect the bonnet (hood). These are not available in UK for anything other than trucks or SUV,s. Does anybody know of one in N.America. The AVS Carlector looks the closest but they do not recognize the model and I guess the iM is new in the US.
I have had nine for two years and despite a couple of annoying features is much better than the Prius's I previously owned.
The model has just had a face-lift here with a new grill and bling bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
^ That... they are called a Toyota Corolla Levin / ZR in Australia, good luck.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would figure that Toyota would offer this type of accessory. It's pretty standard.

I've always thought these are a bit of a waste though. I'd just take the risk of getting bugs or a few rocks perhaps.

Be sure to put some paint protector on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've always been a fan of a good looking hood bra in place of a bug shield - not the full bumper covering setup, but just the piece to go on the hood to hopefully keep away some of the rock chips on the edge of the hood. Like this:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Clear bra's should be the standard practice once taking delivery and before that to get paint protection done.

Doing that your vehicle's paint will last a long, long time.

Fortunately with the clear bra's of today you don't have to worry about them yellowing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I noticed my first small paint chip today on my hood about a inch from the front edge and was looking at my options. I'm unlucky since the roads I travel are congested with many semi's and dump trucks. Has anyone tried the Magnetic Bra? They sell it for the iM. Any suggestions on paint touch up pens/applicators brands that you have had good results from?

Magnetic car bras, auto hood bra, nose mask for your car, truck or SUV :: Home

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. Yes I noticed the link was broken too. Looks nice and clean. Only issue is the rubber trim is rough. I would prefer smooth. I'm sure I can find a smooth u channel edge seal. I'll order one and give you info when I install it. Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts