Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably going to be getting my iM Monday or Tuesday and I already have a shopping list going.

Buy in week one:
1- Rain Deflector, (I wish there were in channel ones)
Mit for Scion Im 2016 on Window Visor Sun Guard Rain Deflector Vent Shade | eBay

2- Drop-in K&N
Air Filter K N 33 2360 | eBay

3- Variable Line-Out Converter for my Amp and Sub
Pac SNI 35 Variable Loc Line Out Converter Standard Packaging | eBay

Eventually buy:
4- Front End Strut bar, one of these two
DC SPORTS CS-1 STRUT BAR: SCION iM 2016 & tC 2011-13 (FRONT)-Options Auto Salon - Sport Compact Car Performance Parts
Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Scion iM

5- And then debating on an intake system
HPS Black Shortram Air Intake Kit Cool Short RAM Sri w K N Filter 27 584WB | eBay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm...that rain deflector looks promising but I've never installed anything on my car myself before except for windshield wipers :laugh:

Though I see that it adheres just by using some 3M adhesive. Though I might screw it up by attaching it on the wrong area :laugh:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, the rain deflectors are something I greatly enjoy. A big advantage is in the summer you can leave your windows cracked for some ventilation and passers by will be none the wiser.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have you by any chance been able to find lowering springs and plan to get them? With there being a Toyota version currently sold overseas I can only imagine at least one spring setup out there by now. Unless you're interested in getting coilovers?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmm, now that you've brought up the air intake I find myself on the fence about it too. On the one hand, it is supposed to improve fuel economy and you just need to clean out the filter once in a while but it's not really a necessity.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, now that you've brought up the air intake I find myself on the fence about it too. On the one hand, it is supposed to improve fuel economy and you just need to clean out the filter once in a while but it's not really a necessity.

Ya, for some cars it is a big improvement, others not so much. I'll get the better drop-in filter and remove the curve at the bottom of the stock intake for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts