Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much debate on where to put the amp and sub I finally installed it today. Behind the dash I used the schematics provided by others on this message board to hook up a line out converter to the back of the stereo. I used to be a stereo and alarms installer at Best Buy years ago and I have to say this install was one of the easiest things I've ever done. I think mainly because the stereo faceplate was easy to pop off and all the plastic paneling throughout the car detached with ease. This enabled me to run the wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Amp location.... choosing the mounting location was kind of tough because I found that there's very limited space in this car compared to most of the vehicles that i worked on in the past. I ended up mounting it under the seat using a piece of wood underneath the carpet to secure it down, plus that enabled me to raise it higher than the heater vent to prevent me from having it overheat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davect01...last night I was messing with the gain in both the amp and line out converter to get the right sound...and this morning toying with the right arrangement on the equalizer at the radio... Sounds great but still have fine tuning to do. At the head unit I'm fading the system to the front and turning down the bass. Had one point where I felt I was going to shatter windows. Planning on laying down some dynomat I have laying around to see if that helps. I love "having my boom booms in my zoom zoom". Another thing I'm playing with is which way I want to face my sub. Right now it's facing rear with deck off but for security "out of sight out if mind " might face forward and drop the rear small seat when driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clean set-up. Just curious, did you run the sub and amp off of the stock head unit? If so, I'm assuming that there is a jack on the back of the factory radio to run those, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts