Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
those don't look smoked, they look like a completely clear lens that is smoked with a dark gray housing. i'm really curious where they got them, i have not seen that yet.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The tailights definitely look like a smoked clear lens, but the headlights could have been opened up and painted ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it was just the hue on the filming. If you notice the cars colors around iM look almost black & white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've seen headlights done like that on the facebook group.
They used the same type of vinyl covering as the tailights, but they only covered the side marker.
makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We already know that there is some hue on the filming. Thats why on my first post, I pointed out that there was some effect on the video that made the tail lights look smoked/clear.

The point of the posting was to show what the iM would look like with smoked tails.
It wouldn't look like this, tho.

It would just be like a darker red. And if you guys do it 'aftermarket' style, it's usually hazy rather than clean.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It wouldn't look like this, tho.

It would just be like a darker red. And if you guys do it 'aftermarket' style, it's usually hazy rather than clean.
I know its not suppose to look like that because it is only an effect from the video. Its just an idea on what an iM would look like with different style lens.

Them tail lights are a huge want @[email protected]
Or if the make those tail lights the wrx have would be cool too..
I agree. I think an tail lens that color would look gopd depending on the color of the iM. May look good on blizzard pearl and silver

1 - 11 of 11 Posts