Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Scion has determined that people are not interested in Sirius/XM and it is not offered in the head units.

Is this true?

If there a way to get it anyway (that isn’t a mess)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pandora and such need data... I drive way beyond cell phone coverage very often. So satellite is important to me and plus I like it.

I have read that there is a way to add it to FRS head units where is is not offered.

Alternatively I could replace the head unit... But would like an easier way out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best alternatives are some type of streaming service from your phone. You just might have to alter your data plan a bit to make sure you either get unlimited for whatever streaming service you use, or a high enough data plan that you won't go over all the time.
As already presented, we are often far from cell phone coverage so it is not a viable option.

Being able to add Sirius Satellite Radio to the installed head unit would be the best option for me. The FRS folks do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may be missing the obvious but wouldn't something like this work?SiriusXM Onyx Plus with Vehicle Kit - Shop - SiriusXM Radio
The only thing is it is the old way of satellite radio, with a separate controller for it, rather than controlled via the head unit. IT is clutter.

I think you end up with control not on the head unit but off in some other box, like in the original days of satellite radio, I had a huge box on a bracket . . annoying.

Then I see this:

Complete SiriusXM Install Kit for 2014 and up Factory Toyota, Scion Vehicles

The write up in kind of a mess, with a 2015 iM . . . but if I cannot get it in the head unit this might work and allow control via the head unti?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wrote about the above item and received this:

Dennis,

Sorry, but both the standard and upgraded audio package feature Pioneer AHA and are not compatible. I will be sure that our website is updated accordingly.

Thanks,

Ryan

So, I still haven't found a good fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts