Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Doesn't really surprise me considering the recent moves that Scion has made. You have to figure if they were considering moving into premium territory they wouldn't have just come out with a bunch of mainstream models.

Also, look at something like the Kia K900. That was their attempt at a luxury sedan, and it didn't work out well. I think that Scion would find a similar problem if it tried to move into premium territory.

·
Registered
661 Posts
They'll need volume models before they even think about going premium. They'll have to walk first before they can run.

·
Registered
432 Posts
They'll need volume models before they even think about going premium. They'll have to walk first before they can run.
Agreed. And without a popular and successful volume model the brand really doesn't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to attracting premium buyers. People need to be thinking, "Scion makes (great car X) and so i am interested to see what they will do in the luxury market."

·
Registered
661 Posts
Recently 'iR' was trademarked, signaling another model which some are thinking will be the Aygo. One thing for sure is it's going to be something Toyota already has, Aygo is a perfect candidate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are there any other possible contenders other than the Aygo, is is it all but assured that the Aygo will be the lucky winner?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Are there any other possible contenders other than the Aygo, is is it all but assured that the Aygo will be the lucky winner?
I don't know, don't think so.

They want compact, this is compact and doesn't step on the toes of their other vehicles.

And most importantly there's a market for it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I guess now I'm just curious how they will change the front fascia that is very distinctive for the Aygo right now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
you'll have to keep on waiting.... for a rendering or for what Scion will end up showing us.

i'm guessing they'll kick it off like they did with the iA, some teasers then the full real deal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I remember Scion saying they were going to bring one out at last year's LA Auto Show (iM), and then reveal another (iA) at the just passed NY Auto Show and the third (iR?) at this year's LA Auto Show. I would guess we won't see much until a couple weeks prior to the show's kickoff date.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very likely. Do we any idea when this coming out? It seems like all the sudden Scion is coming out with so many vehicles. Are they capable of putting out 3 new models basically at the same time?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I remember Scion saying they were going to bring one out at last year's LA Auto Show (iM), and then reveal another (iA) at the just passed NY Auto Show and the third (iR?) at this year's LA Auto Show. I would guess we won't see much until a couple weeks prior to the show's kickoff date.
at worst that'll be the case
at best, we might get a look sooner than that... i hope.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I remember from the original story I read that the iM will come out around Fall 15, the iA was supposed to be around 1st of the year, and the new one was about 4-5 months after debuting at this year's LA (November).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very likely. Do we any idea when this coming out? It seems like all the sudden Scion is coming out with so many vehicles. Are they capable of putting out 3 new models basically at the same time?
O they should be capable considering they are all rebadged models. Its not like they had to do much/any development.

·
Registered
661 Posts
These are cars that come from other companies, Toyota and Mazda. I'd imagine they use those very same production lines to produce these models.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Heard news that they are developing a baby FR-S. Will that be a Scion and a Scion-alone, or will it share a bunch of parts and everything from a Toyota that is quite similar? Anybody know?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't know of any Toyota vehicles that would fit the part, but it could also be a rebadged version of another vehicle from a different brand. It could also be a stand alone Scion. I would think they wouldn't plan that until they have some sales on their newest models going though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts