Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Earlier this year, Scion boss Doug Murtha said Scion’s third new product won’t be a crossover, but that it will be based on a Toyota product marketed globally. One possibility could be a re-badged version of the Aygo city car.
So it seems that the Aygo is the front runner at the moment, but are there any other possibilities?

Looking around the Toyota lineup I could see them possibly doing the Verso.

It does seem like the Aygo is the most likely though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it seems that the Aygo is the front runner at the moment, but are there any other possibilities?

The Verso is too similar to the iM for them to coexist peacefully in segregated Toyota showrooms...

·
Registered
661 Posts
The difference is the iM is a hatch and the Verso is an MPV and not something Scion wants to include in their line up, at least not for now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just hope that a Scion version of the Aygo would sell better than the iQ.

I think that Scion should find a crossover for their lineup. We all know that is the hottest segment right now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just hope that a Scion version of the Aygo would sell better than the iQ.

I think that Scion should find a crossover for their lineup. We all know that is the hottest segment right now.
It's destined to be better, there's already buyer proof out there from other brands that justify this.

Plus it helps its a toyota already sold elsewhere, cutting over head, cutting risk.

·
Registered
411 Posts

I think the Versa would be great too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts