Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Its crunch time for both teams and they have come a long way from their initial designs! Here’s a link to their initial designs if anyone needs a recap.

Custom builds like these are time sensitive and both teams may be cutting it close while waiting for their custom parts to arrive in time for the SEMA show on November 3rd. In the meantime we’ll get glimpses of their partially completed Scion iMs and get a sense of where their builds are going.

illest seems to be orientated more towards creating a luxurious driving experience with custom speakers, leather seats with suede outer panels and diamond leather stitching on the center, VIP trays and air suspension among other interior upgrades. The exterior will be wrapped in what looks to be battleship grey.

Crooks & Castles on the other hand is building the Scion iM into a performance piece by installing a nitrous tank in the trunk, adding in a roll cage, buying new fenders to fit Rob’s signature Rotiform mesh wheels and changing out both the iM’s suspension and its exhaust.

Which team are you rooting for?

Also, don’t forget to vote for your favorite build! The voting page will open this Thursday the 29th!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just keep giggling at the irony of a clothing brand building a performance car... not that they can't I just find it funny...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great attention to detail going on and just as I was saying from the beginning the Crooks and Castles iM would be my favorite and these pictures go to confirm that... I just wouldn't want it to be that low for regular driving... but hardparking for sure.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The exhaust on the Crooks & Castles iM makes me wanna vomit

Reactions: MrCookies23

·
Registered
300 Posts
Some people like that kind of exhaust and some don't. I personally prefer the illest iM exterior. It has a nice wrap and looks better overall.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd love to know the width and offset of the Illest's car's 19" wheels for research reasons. If anyone has seen any specifics please share them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Found the parts list on the scion challenge site:

Parts list:
Dark Grey color change with Safari wrap
Brembo 4-piston caliper with a 380mm disc
Rotiform 1 of 1 RSE mesh 19″ wheels
Rays Engineering Lug Nuts
Toyo Tires 225/35R19
Air Lift Performance 3H Digital Air Suspension
MB Quart Separates, Amplifiers & Subs
Suede & Leather Interior by DJ Designs
Momo Motorsports Shift Knob
Vip’d Out Front and Rear Trays

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Read today that Crooks and Castles was paid $15,000 by Scion to build the iM. Not a bad pay day I would say.

The car was built by streetwear brand Crooks & Castles, but they didn’t pay for a thing. The money and the car needed for this transformation were provided by Scion, who launched this initiative as a sort of challenge. Scion offered each of their two lifestyle partners $15,000 for the transformation jobs.
Scion Paid Crooks & Castles $15,000 to Come Up with This Tuned iM at the 2015 SEMA - autoevolution

·
Registered
331 Posts
The wheels for both cars were 1 of 1, but you'd think they would give the custom widths and offsets to help others trying to modify and get better wheel fitment. I'm not into the whole stance thing, but I know others will be and that's going to be one of the most popular questions here as more people start buying / modifying these.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts