Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now its safe to assume that the iM will make use of the Corolla's 1.8 four, but what if Toyota pitches a curveball in the hope of differentiating it from the Corolla?

There was a previous gen Auris offered with a 3.5L V6
The tC is offered with the Camry's 2.5L and its certainly NOT slow
Lexus/Toyota did just debut a new 2.0T

I wonder...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Would be interesting if they made use of something from Mazda. They do have that burgeoning partnership after all, I believe it would be easier (read cheaper) to use a powertrain Mazda has already homologated for the US market. Then again the same argument can be made for an existing Toyota heart, its just that the Corolla has never screamed FUN since the original 86, and if they intend to pitch this car as FUN the 1.8 from a Corolla is not getting anyone off.

This is all IMO keep in mind...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Would be interesting if they made use of something from Mazda. They do have that burgeoning partnership after all, I believe it would be easier (read cheaper) to use a powertrain Mazda has already homologated for the US market. Then again the same argument can be made for an existing Toyota heart, its just that the Corolla has never screamed FUN since the original 86, and if they intend to pitch this car as FUN the 1.8 from a Corolla is not getting anyone off.

This is all IMO keep in mind...
Turbo Rotary engine please :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
They could offer a tame base engine but then give people the option of something more powerful. it would be cool if the Scion iM were a car that you could really beef up and tune if you wanted to and a bigger engine would be a start for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts