Scion iM Forum banner

Scion iM Hatch or Wagon?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Europe, the Toyota Auris is available as a hatchback and estate (wagon), what are the chances that we could get both of these?

If you had the option to choose between a hatchback or wagon, which would it be?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that both could be useful but knowing the American market, I would think that we will just get the hatchback. Especially since Scion is aimed at youth and I think that youth would like a hatchback more than a wagon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hatch is indeed much more promising and probably what most people would buy if they had the option of a hatch or wagon.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If a wagon was to be successful in NA, I think that it would have to be a bit more interesting. A Scion iM wagon would just look too plain. It would remind people why they don't like wagons in the first place.

·
Registered
219 Posts
who said people don't like wagons in the first place? Occams Razor, operate on as few assumptions as possible. Wagon won't come, Toyota hasn't sold a wagon here in over a decade...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If a wagon was to be successful in NA, I think that it would have to be a bit more interesting. A Scion iM wagon would just look too plain. It would remind people why they don't like wagons in the first place.
@Gotcha
What would make it "a bit more interesting" to be successful?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that they would have to play with the body styling more so that it was more interesting. There are sporty shooting brake cars out there that are a more interesting type of wagon. Those are far more expensive than an iM would be, but that is part of the problem that an iM wagon has. I don't really think its a matter of what they can do to it to make it successful. Its more a matter of it not having the potential at all. If they want to do a wagon they should look into doing that with a different vehicle.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you're saying they should come up with a wagon that isn't a version of something else, like in this case?

If so, that would be cool, but i'm not sure if a brand like this can do that. The brands that have shooting brake models are in a class much higher than what scion offers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
For Scion, they could do something completely new, but I think it would make more sense for Toyota to do a wagon instead of Scion. An FRS shooting brake or tC shooting brake may have potential though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm sorry but this conversation is making very little sense. I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what Scion is exactly. Its an umbrella where Toyota can sell vehicles that don't jive with the Mr.Rogers reputation they pedal to the rest of proletariat...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For Scion, they could do something completely new, but I think it would make more sense for Toyota to do a wagon instead of Scion. An FRS shooting brake or tC shooting brake may have potential though.
i'd rather see the wagon under toyota but the way they're going about it now seems about right, the wagon could be a big miss or a hit, and not a type of vehicle the american market has been known to favor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If they are going to make another model they should make a small CUV. It seems that is where the most growth is. If wagons were to make a comeback, I doubt that it would be Scion that is the one to convince everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts