Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning to put lower springs on my iM but when I took it to the garage they was asking for a shorter sway bar link which I couldn't find anywhere. I contract RSR and they told me I didn't need a shorter sway bar. Is this true? I am little scared to put these lowering springs on the car because I don't want any harm in it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
how much lower is it going to be???

i have owned several Corolla,s and lowered them with ONLY the springs

never had problems with it.

Lower your IM and have fun with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the RSR springs and it would be about 1.0-1.2 front and 1.2-1.4 in the rear. The guy that will install them for me just has me worried about the issues with it down the road.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i got the RSR springs and it would be about 1.0-1.2 front and 1.2-1.4 in the rear. The guy that will install them for me just has me worried about the issues with it down the road.
it will wear your struts out quicker that's for sure. that's always the case with only getting lower springs and there's no way around it. you're limiting the travel of the strut to a smaller range.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have been planning to put lower springs on my iM but when I took it to the garage they was asking for a shorter sway bar link which I couldn't find anywhere. I contract RSR and they told me I didn't need a shorter sway bar. Is this true? I am little scared to put these lowering springs on the car because I don't want any harm in it.
You will not need any additional parts for lowering springs.

The sway bar endlinks are fine. They end links are a weird design I'll give him that but that's nothing you'll ever need to change out on this car until they are worn and the OEM are fine. Shorter would be bad.

For reference I have been lowered on H&R springs and am currently on Godspeed coilovers. No one on here that is lowered has had to change out endlinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts