Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long until we know the lease rates for the Scion iM? I'm thinking I might lease, although it's tough to beat some incredible lease deals being offered by Volkswagen right now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Leasing might not be available until after we know release date and msrp. Leasing can be tough for manufacturers because you need to guess at what the car will be worth after the extent of the lease. Then you take that number and subtract it from the msrp. The remainder is what you will pay divided by the months of your term. The hard part with a fairly new car is to find the reliability and the estimated worth in 2-3 years. I'm not sure if Europe does leasing of the Auris, but you might look up the UK Toyota site and see what the leases are across the pond.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I heard some time in September we'll get them.

So the closer we get to that more information on this could come to light

You'll want to contact your dealer in the meantime.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leasing might not be available until after we know release date and msrp. Leasing can be tough for manufacturers because you need to guess at what the car will be worth after the extent of the lease. Then you take that number and subtract it from the msrp. The remainder is what you will pay divided by the months of your term. The hard part with a fairly new car is to find the reliability and the estimated worth in 2-3 years. I'm not sure if Europe does leasing of the Auris, but you might look up the UK Toyota site and see what the leases are across the pond.
Thanks for the info.

I guess we'll know the numbers soon enough.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good point on the Auris.

At least with that out, it might be safe to say they've figured it out or at least have some framework to come up with leasing sooner than later (hopefully)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts