Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just what I though it would be like, the corolla's interior, choice of colors and material looks great too. No complaints here.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It sure is, a big change from the outgoing model, never expected the corolla to go that direction.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am not sure that the Scion IM will really differ that much from the Toyota Auris interior. I'm looking at the Scion xD interior and it seems like the styling is very similar to Toyota.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Probably won't be much aside from small things like rebadging the interior to say Scion instead of Toyota.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just don't see what they would change other than the badge. Scion is a cheaper brand than Toyota so if anything we will see less or cheaper materials in the iM. More black plastic and the like.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I see them using the whole interior without changing anything much, and it will probably be what's better for their long term strategy rather than making something more unique to the Scion model. Plus people do have to remember this is a cheap vehicle, can't expect too much from an area of it like this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too bad, I just want to get rid of a bit of that ugly black plastic.
Buy a Toyota or buy a Lexus. The brands are spaced as such to encourage movement. If you can't get a Toyota speced the way you want you need to jump up to a Lexus, same goes for Scion to Toyota.

Besides there are compromises that come with buying 'budget' vehicles...

·
Registered
432 Posts
True. A Toyota may be something to look into but one of the things that I like is the price that the Scion brand offers. I suppose there is only so much you can expect at a certain price point.

·
Registered
661 Posts
and with going to another one of their brands you can always consider getting some used model if nothing new meets all your needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.