Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Never trust Jiffy lube! When I had a service from them from when I had a corolla s I later went to Gemini/Goodyear
They went to drain the oil and then.. No oil talk about lucky as Eff iM.. I hope everything gets straightened.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry to see that. Over the years I've had issues too and from experience check it over before leaving the shop. Hard to find good service these days. I hover when people work on my vehicles. Lucky that is not too often.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Best thing to do is find out about shops that pride themselves in good service and that are known for it, at least then your chances of getting what you paid for is higher.

Even better if you can find an independent shop with individuals you can trust.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've always been a "I'll deal with it myself" kind of guy. I don't trust Jiffy Lube and Dealers for regular maintenance things. They hire young first-year apprentices and let them work on your vehicle without any supervision.. it's ridiculous

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's exactly what I said. And the "manager" looks about 20-22 years old I mean I'm not one too judge but seriously?! Connections get you far...but like I always say "it is what it is"

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The only time I personally have used a Jiffy Lube type service we were out of town and the car was indicating low oil pressure.

The techs all looks very young. I double checked everything and all was fine, but I was very anxious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jiffy Lube probably also charged you for an oil filter and a drain plug gasket but did not install them. They are very well known for doing this sort of thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jiffy Lube probably also charged you for an oil filter and a drain plug gasket but did not install them. They are very well known for doing this sort of thing.
Lesson learn my friend...lesson learned:,( but over all only time will tell how my engine holds up. So far no problems. As of now waiting on a response from jiffy lube, I submitted a complaint report.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hopefully

Lesson learn my friend...lesson learned:,( but over all only time will tell how my engine holds up. So far no problems. As of now waiting on a response from jiffy lube, I submitted a complaint report.
Hopefully, it did not run dry.

A few suggestions

1- Stop by a Toyota dealership. Tell them the story and have them double check stuff.

2- Follow through with Jiffy Lube. If nothing else they should recoup your initial cost.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully, it did not run dry.

A few suggestions

1- Stop by a Toyota dealership. Tell them the story and have them double check stuff.

2- Follow through with Jiffy Lube. If nothing else they should recoup your initial cost.
That is an amazing idea. Thank you for throwing it there!

·
Registered
331 Posts
There is no way you're passed the warranty already so why did you even go to Jiffy Lube (Scion free oil changes every 10k miles). I am willing to be a testicle or a kidney they didn't even use the correct weight oil. (0w-20 synthetic).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think Nicks trying to say our scions have that free maintenance servicing.

BUT OP may have had accumulated miles and service probably would have taken long due to having to book them..
& or too far.. Who knows lol

Anyway it sucks how there are businesses like "Iffy-Lube" out there running businesses the way they are doing now.. It makes no sense why they're still even around & not only that it effects people's lives to where OP and others will be paranoid to have businesses service them.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
ya

BUT OP may have had accumulated miles and service probably would have taken long due to having to book them..

Anyway it sucks how there are businesses like "Iffy-Lube" out there running businesses the way they are doing now.. It makes no sense why they're still even around & not only that it effects people's lives to where OP and others will be paranoid to have businesses service them.

I would imagine that 95% of the time, all goes well at places like this and nothing is commented about the visit.

As is common, we only hear the horror stories like this. And they are enough to scare the crap out of any owner.

As mentioned, I used them once and all went fine. I was nervous as heck and checked out the car thoroughly afterward.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I would imagine that 95% of the time, all goes well at places like this and nothing is commented about the visit.

As is common, we only hear the horror stories like this. And they are enough to scare the crap out of any owner.

As mentioned, I used them once and all went fine. I was nervous as heck and checked out the car thoroughly afterward.
Lol I gotcha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts