Scion iM Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Several months old, anything??
Ya, he posted about three weeks ago in the FB group saying they have our ECU in house and work has started on it. But I think they were moving shop and have now started on projects for SEMA. So, AFAIK it's coming but but it's not top priority right now.

Hello Scion iM Folks!
OVTune is moving forward with bringing the first ever Stock ECU Reflash tune for the Scion iM and Toyota Corolla (14+).
We are working on a Reflash tune for the new Delphi ECM :)
We expect to have result very soon.

· Registered
77 Posts
So what does this get the lame engine up to 140 hp?
why lotus use this "lame engine and gear boxes" i think the engine is just ok for its purpose.
Lotus can make decent hp with those engines because they have the people to make it happen!!
If Toyota wanted this car to be stupid fast to pair with the a86 the market for the a86 will drop!.
as i said no car manufacture is perfect,but i learned that if i want to have the perfect car then i have to produce it my self with my own specs.
so now that we make the choice to own a toyota iM,lets wait for tuners to work around this. they did it before with the 1zz and 2zz engines ive seen some making 250hp + with some mild mods,rotrex and blitz superchargers are simpler but prices are too high,other option is a custom turbo kit but always youre going to find something that needs to be upgraded.

Ill wait for tuners to make it happen and when done with no hiccups ill get a turbo or supercharger kit!

· Registered
77 Posts
Totally different type of chip. Those generic type of chips are BS
all of them are piggybacks!!!
only way to make power on this engines is forced induction or Nitrous,these engines are detuned to make more mpgs and the valvematic system works way different than the vvti
i own a 2010 corolla and it accelerates better than the valvematic,the valvematic even use an angle sensor to determine if the car is going up or downhill,its constantly changing timing for different scenarios.
miss my 99 accord vtec **** that car was rocket at full gas!

that what these engines need a vvt that works like the hondas vtec,explosive and tunable!

· Registered
21 Posts
all of them are piggybacks!!!
only way to make power on this engines is forced induction or Nitrous,these engines are detuned to make more mpgs and the valvematic system works way different than the vvti
i own a 2010 corolla and it accelerates better than the valvematic,the valvematic even use an angle sensor to determine if the car is going up or downhill,its constantly changing timing for different scenarios.
miss my 99 accord vtec **** that car was rocket at full gas!

that what these engines need a vvt that works like the hondas vtec,explosive and tunable!
Lawd Jesus I don't even know whereto start. I'll just stay quiet on this one....

· Registered
1,303 Posts
It seems from the installation guide it is a universal application. Sure it asks the vehicle information but I don't think they actually have specific tune to each vehicle in that selection.

http://en.rschip.com/installation/
The OVTune does seem unique unlike the one you linked to.

If you read the info from OVTune you actually send in your ECU and seem to get an individualized tune.

· Registered
137 Posts
It seems from the installation guide it is a universal application. Sure it asks the vehicle information but I don't think they actually have specific tune to each vehicle in that selection.

http://en.rschip.com/installation/
The OVTune does seem unique unlike the one you linked to.

If you read the info from OVTune you actually send in your ECU and seem to get an individualized tune.
This reminds me of Hondata or w.e it's called..

· Registered
456 Posts
Hey folks Mat from OVTune here.
Just wanted to join the forum and see what type of interest there is in terms of calibration and tuning? Are you guys ready for more power?

I am the owner / Calibrator / tuner for OrangeVirus Tuning. We cracked the tune on the Scion iA shortly after release, and are looking to do the same on the iM.
you can see about the iA here: Scion iA ECM Tuning Possibilities - Scion IA Forum

How many people would be interested?

We're looking into doing a lot of development for these cars, as we know they can be turbocharged, and modifications for them should be coming soon. We want to ensure the best calibration offering on the market.
So any word on this? I've also been waiting to hear about you doing the Delphi ECU on my 2009 Corolla. I've already turbocharged that car from Turbokits.com and it's a beast now but I would like to get rid of the piggyback AEM FIC and just use the OEM ECU that OV has unlocked. It could be great news for those that want to turbocharge their iM if you can unlock this ECU for forced induction. I know that Jesse at Turbokits also hopes that you can unlock mu ECU too! :D

· Registered
1,303 Posts
So any word on this? I've also been waiting to hear about you doing the Delphi ECU on my 2009 Corolla. I've already turbocharged that car from Turbokits.com and it's a beast now but I would like to get rid of the piggyback AEM FIC and just use the OEM ECU that OV has unlocked. It could be great news for those that want to turbocharge their iM if you can unlock this ECU for forced induction. I know that Jesse at Turbokits also hopes that you can unlock mu ECU too! :D
It's been awhile :-(

· Registered
26 Posts
I know that they've been busy on a lot of Toyota ECU's but maybe he forgot that they had this thread. :(
Hey everyone, just a follow up, I sent this message to OVTune "Hello, just following up on some information posted on iM forum by Mat, regarding cracking the ECU for the Scion iM/Toyota Corolla iM, there have been several posts asking for more details, but no answers. The forum and I would greatly appreciate a status update, thank you in advance." I'll post their reply if they reply to me directly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

· Registered
26 Posts
Hey everyone, just a follow up, I sent this message to OVTune "Hello, just following up on some information posted on iM forum by Mat, regarding cracking the ECU for the Scion iM/Toyota Corolla iM, there have been several posts asking for more details, but no answers. The forum and I would greatly appreciate a status update, thank you in advance." I'll post their reply if they reply to me directly.

So I got their reply (a while ago actually) and it's not a very good read...
"Hello

unfortunately we have no updates at this time as we have been too busy to put more development time into it right now, sorry."
So... That sucks...

· Registered
1,303 Posts

So I got their reply (a while ago actually) and it's not a very good read...
"Hello

unfortunately we have no updates at this time as we have been too busy to put more development time into it right now, sorry."
So... That sucks...

Bummer

21 - 40 of 84 Posts