Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Scion seems to be puling out the big guns in its efforts to promote its new vehicles, the iM and iA.

One of the commercials Scion released recently is a 50 second spot that features James Franco playing two versions of himself. One, the talented and classy Oscar-nominated actor. The other, the free and experimental artist.

I think Scion may be reaching a bit beyond its pay grade here. First of all, seeing James Franco wearing a tuxedo and driving a Scion is one of the most improbable scenes I have encountered in a very long time. Second, claiming Scion is for the creative types is a little ironic since both the iM and the iA are simply rebadged vehicles from other brands. Then again, Andy Warhol showed that replication is a major part of modern art, so maybe we are getting real deep here.

James Franco is a mega-celebrity, and having in your commercial is bound to garner attention. At the end of the day, that is what Scion is aiming for, and I anticipate this will be considered a success as far as Scion's marketing goes.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Far better idea than them getting Cam'ron to star in a video. Not sure how well the iA will appeal to the folks that are fans of him but last I checked he was clearly out of the hip hop industry, not nearly as active as he once was.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There are rappers other than Drake, Kanye, Eminem and Snoop Dogg? I never knew... :p

Who knows. Maybe younger people like Cam'ron more than older folks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Would have been a good idea if they got both the Dave Franco to be in it too. No idea what they can do with it but it's the Franco brothers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts