Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so recently somethings happened and now I am dealing with a cracked screen on my stock head unit. Not sure what the best option for me is right now, I was hoping for some insight and advice. The touch screen is completely unresponsive. There are no dark spots to note of below the cracked glass that I had observed.I attached some photos. My car is the 2018 iM. Any insight and / or advice would be wonderful. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey everyone, so recently somethings happened and now I am dealing with a cracked screen on my stock head unit. Not sure what the best option for me is right now, I was hoping for some insight and advice. The touch screen is completely unresponsive. There are no dark spots to note of below the cracked glass that I had observed.I attached some photos. My car is the 2018 iM. Any insight and / or advice would be wonderful. Thank you all in advance!
Yikes. I seriously doubt anyone deals with screen replacement on these.

Skip getting another OEM headunit and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Get a Pioneer 4200NEX or similar and you will love the improved sound quality. Stock unit is garbage, I would not invest into a new one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah? Would I lose any of the functionality like the rear view cam and steering wheel controls?
Google iDatalink Maestro, get it with a proper Toyota harness. There is also Toyota rearview camera adapter on Amazon for like $12. I have Pioneer 4200NEX myself, I retained and even improved my steering wheel controls. Since I had my install almost 2 years ago I haven't had a single glitch. Make sure you upgrade firmware on the headunit before you install. I have a whole thread dedicated to my install.

https://www.scionimforum.com/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/6914-audio-upgrade.html

·
Registered
450 Posts
OUCH!! How did that happen? Will they swap it out under warranty? If not I would also just get a better aftermarket unit. That being said I don't think the OEM one is that bad. The music sounds great to me from my iPod through the USB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts