Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha so I'm purely joking but maybe for those of you that haven't thought about this yet you might thank me later. All I did was raise my rear headrest and drop them down flat that way it's easier to see out the back window. Seems common sense but not everybody thinks about these things. Obviously if passengers get in you're going to have to raise them again but for driving around it's great.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
See this is one of those things that people will complain about all the time but overlook the easy solution ! I've personally never thought of that but this is pure genius !

·
Registered
300 Posts
Didn't think of that...The general solution is usually to remove them completely but your method works better in case you need to give people a ride in the back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Didn't think of that...The general solution is usually to remove them completely but your method works better in case you need to give people a ride in the back.
I think USA and Canada iM's forgot about blind spot issues for the headrest... Here is a video from australia iMs/corolla hatch...

https://youtu.be/WqtU-DCn7lg

The rear headrest is similar to my IS300... The australian iM also have it in cloth on the base model (ascent)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Toyota Tundra with a rear seat, the owners manual show how the rear headrests work. When we got the iM it was was just natural to move the headrest all the way up and fold the over. I have never looked in the manual to see if it was in there. You can also see the groove in the headrest seat mount for the posts to rest in,

CAD-Man

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing B91supra.. That video was pretty cool as I never even knew that that car existed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the "what do you hate or love about your Scion iM" thread or whatever it's called. Still it's good to spread this little tidbit around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haha so I'm purely joking but maybe for those of you that haven't thought about this yet you might thank me later. All I did was raise my rear headrest and drop them down flat that way it's easier to see out the back window. Seems common sense but not everybody thinks about these things. Obviously if passengers get in you're going to have to raise them again but for driving around it's great.
As I suspected if you look in the 2016 Quick Reference Guide, top of page 9 shows what to do with the rear headrests. This is why I'm a firm believer of RTFM!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking at my wife's Scion today and could not find and sort of release lever or button to allow the removal of these. Can someone help me get these out of there? I guess the manual might be the answer.

-TC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts