Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen Scion TC Tein Flex Z coilovers being used on the iM but I found these: https://shop.redline360.com/product...oilovers-toyota-corolla-2009-2017-gstb0-8uss2

Since it's for a 09-17 Corolla (pretty much our car), would these work as well? Cheaper that the TC coils and they are Tein which is a brand I have trusted for a long time.

I am currently on Tanabe springs and while they have many benefits from what I can tell, I'd like something a bit more. Please let's start a discussion on this. Corolla coils or TC coils by Tein?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have seen Scion TC Tein Flex Z coilovers being used on the iM but I found these: TEIN Street Basis Z Coilovers Toyota Corolla (2009-2017) GSTB0-8USS2

Since it's for a 09-17 Corolla (pretty much our car), would these work as well? Cheaper that the TC coils and they are Tein which is a brand I have trusted for a long time.

I am currently on Tanabe springs and while they have many benefits from what I can tell, I'd like something a bit more. Please let's start a discussion on this. Corolla coils or TC coils by Tein?
The Corolla sedan has a different rear suspension. It has a torsion beam rear axle and the iM has an IRS so it won't fit. There are coilovers that fit the Corolla iM. Have you looked at BC coilovers? They are very well made and not overly expensive. I've had them on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT for many years now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts