Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Scion is previewing the production version of its iM hatchback ahead of the car's scheduled debut at the New York Auto Show in April.

It appears that the Scion iM's styling has been toned down quite a bit from this teaser shot. The grille, headlights, and creased headlights have all been changed from the concept. Hopefully Toyota does not take all the edge out of its edgy Scion hatchback.

What do you think of this first look at the production version?

·
Registered
661 Posts
^ Thanks for posting that picture of the Auris.
Looking at the new Scion iA, it might be safe to say the iM could get a similar front fascia. That front fascia with the blue we're seeing here = win!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really looks almost identical. The question is going to be more so what is different instead of what is the same.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of things do change when you look at other vehicles that Scion has done compared to whatever vehicles those were based on?

Is it really just a badge that is different, or are there other things like trim, paint colors, options?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So differences exist but you really have to look closely for them. I'm happy that it isn't completely the same, but still they are basically the same. And I think that we can expect the same thing when considering the differences between the iM and the Auris.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I wish Toyota would just import the Auris (Corolla hatchback) as is and kill the Scion brand.
hah.... way too late for that.
they already seem to have plans to bring over more Toyota models that we don't have to add to Scions portfolio.
looks like Scion is here to stay, they're up for a fight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hah.... way too late for that.
they already seem to have plans to bring over more Toyota models that we don't have to add to Scions portfolio.
looks like Scion is here to stay, they're up for a fight.
I wonder why they even created the scion brand, but time to watch the competition ahead of us now lol

Whose going to win??!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts