Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pictures courtesy of Brett Triplett, a salesman in Maryland. He will be in Grand Rapids next week test driving the iM.
Close-up of the seat fabric.......

DRL's........

Led taillights.....

Note the cargo floor mat accessory and cargo net .

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's unusual that the rear looks more like a face than the front.
That rear bumper protector looks more like a hard plastic than the appliqué/sticker on most cars. Good pics

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like how the tail lights look in the dark -- just the red lines. Seats look good too.

I'm glad they have some leather on the interior instead of that black plastic material everywhere.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looking at where the cup holders are placed it seems like what ever cups are placed in them wont get in the way, which is what I like, although for manual transmission buyers who will have their arm more relaxed and lower could have a problem with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's unusual that the rear looks more like a face than the front.
That rear bumper protector looks more like a hard plastic than the appliqué/sticker on most cars. Good pics
it also looks like its embedded in the bumper... standard equipment then?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't think it is standard, or imbedded, as the Spring Green from the California press event shows.

It does have an embedded look, but I think that's because it wraps over the edge of the bumper a bit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looking at where the cup holders are placed it seems like what ever cups are placed in them wont get in the way, which is what I like, although for manual transmission buyers who will have their arm more relaxed and lower could have a problem with it.
I read a very positive review from a lady from New York that said there are 8 cupholders in the car. I'm guessing 2 front center, 2 rear center (?fold-down armrest?), and each door card.

Are there armrests?
There is a central armrest that is between both front seats and I think there is one that comes down from the central back seat.

That plastic protector is probably held down by clips through holes drilled into the bumper.
All the rear bumper protectors on Toyota/Scion/Lexus' (at least from a factory accessory standpoint) are either a clear or black applique (sticker) or a hard plastic piece held on with 2 or 3 strips of 3M double sided tape. No drilled holes, as far as I know.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right....the back seat has a fold down center armrest with two cupholders and two bottle holders in the door

I also think they will glue the bumper protector as they always have.

·
Registered
363 Posts
That plastic protector is probably held down by clips through holes drilled into the bumper.
That would be the worst thing to do, someone who doesn't like it and want to remove it would end up with holes exposed, plus its one more process to be added with forming the bumpers which isn't all that necessary.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That would be the worst thing to do, someone who doesn't like it and want to remove it would end up with holes exposed, plus its one more process to be added with forming the bumpers which isn't all that necessary.
I assume that it is the cheapest way to do that though, and that is likely why they chose that method. The iM isn't trying to be anything fancy.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Cheaper than just gluing it on at the dealer?
Exactly.

Batching it with the PDI process techs have to run these cars through is probably much more efficient or of course at the factory. But definitely something that can be done during PDI.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly.

Batching it with the PDI process techs have to run these cars through is probably much more efficient or of course at the factory. But definitely something that can be done during PDI.
I imagine this would not be done at the factory since it is an accessory and not on all the cars we have seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts