Scion iM Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have used the Jet Power Flow Mass Air Flow Sensor for 2 years now with a Injen Cold Air intake setup.
With no issues on a highway trip from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to Lewes Delaware I averaged 46.8 MPG !
Locally driving increase of 5/8 MPG ....30 MPG winter time a little different because I use Blizzack Snow Tires on a second set of rims and tires for winter.....in Pennsylvania.
The stock MAF Sensor is not calibrated for higher volume of air flow that a air intake can create. People spend $$$ on rims and tint buy something that is going to give back in MPG !!! You can buy direct from them ....www.jetchip.com

On another subject I’m thinking of buying Sprintbooster $300.00 on Amazon.com plug n play throttle controller to cure the delayed throttle response in our iM this company was out BEFORE Pedal Commander .If you do this I have been told you CANNOT USE THIS with the Orange Virus Tunning program so don’t buy this if you are going that route with your car...
.Sept 6.2019
Is this what you are using? It says it has 8 information screens but only lists 2 of the 8. What are the others? How does it hook up?
https://jetchip.com/shop/chips-modules-programmers/computer-chip/airfuel-monitor/

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes Mass Air Flow Sensor is what I am using sorry.IM Matt
Thanks. When I searched for parts for my 2017 Corolla iM nothing came up so it made no sense. I'm not sure what was happening. On their website, they also list the engine for the 2009 Corolla and up including the iM as the 1ZZ-FE and not the 2ZR-FE. It concerns me that they don't even know the correct engine the car has since the 1ZZ-FE hasn't been around since the 9th Gen Corolla.

Reactions: IM Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks. When I searched for parts for my 2017 Corolla iM nothing came up so it made no sense. I'm not sure what was happening. On their website, they also list the engine for the 2009 Corolla and up including the iM as the 1ZZ-FE and not the 2ZR-FE. It concerns me that they don't even know the correct engine the car has since the 1ZZ-FE hasn't been around since the 9th Gen Corolla.
Some sites are dragging their feet updating web pages for products ,example NSTTuning sells a under drive pulley for the Scion XD same part number now in 2019 states it will fit the iM !! search Toyota Corolla 2008/2018 $148.00 #NST08010 75 percent weight reduction supposedly will fit iM Still using stock belt.I have heard 7/10 HP gain!!! They make a pulley kit for MR2 !! As seen in your picture Take Care Matt

·
Registered
422 Posts
Some sites are dragging their feet updating web pages for products ,example NSTTuning sells a under drive pulley for the Scion XD same part number now in 2019 states it will fit the iM !! search Toyota Corolla 2008/2018 $148.00 #NST08010 75 percent weight reduction supposedly will fit iM Still using stock belt.I have heard 7/10 HP gain!!! They make a pulley kit for MR2 !! As seen in your picture Take Care Matt
I have a pulley kit on my MR2 for more boost on the supercharger. I have an underdrive pulley from NST that I bought years ago for my 2009 Corolla S before I turbocharged it. I was debating on using it for my 2107 iM or selling it. I've read a lot about how it can damage the crank on some cars.

Reactions: IM Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually inquired about the ovtune thru the email. 3 different times since I have full bolt ons. Never heard back. Really turned me off to this company since they are flash tunes made remotely. If I have a problem with say, updates or a cel or anything, I run the risk of not hearing back. I'm not about to damage the car for wanting it tuned for such little horsepower at a huge cost. Doesn't seem like they are interested in our cars. Only Tacomas and Tundras.. real big bummer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since the OVtune is no longer offered for our cars, are there any other ACTUAL tuning options that we have? Just curious. This excludes eBay style "performance chips."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since the OVtune is no longer offered for our cars, are there any other ACTUAL tuning options that we have? Just curious. This excludes eBay style "performance chips."
Not really. A good shop might be able to do this though
Yeah I thought so. The shops that I've done different builds with have tuning software to tune other cars but nothing that works on ours.. bummer 🙄

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm probably going to get royally flamed for this but I've been running with for a while now, PLP+ stage 4 handheld tuner, and it works. I was surprise to see that after about a week, there was a decent jump in power for sure. Might be something for others to look into cuz it worked for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm probably going to get royally flamed for this but I've been running with for a while now, PLP+ stage 4 handheld tuner, and it works. I was surprise to see that after about a week, there was a decent jump in power for sure. Might be something for others to look into cuz it worked for me.
Not sure what that is

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure what that is

Since OV is out, this was a last resort, one time thing. Going to the Dyno soon to test: 3 on, 3 off, take averages, compare results.

https://www.performancechiptuning.com/stage-4-performance-chip-module-obd2-lcd-monitor-for-scion/

·
Registered
422 Posts
So does this do anything? Do you notice a difference? Does this have to be tweaked by the owner to extract any power or does it do it by itself?

I have headers, CAI and exhaust so I'm wondering how it works to get the most of the mods. I looked on their website but it doesn't say much on how it works.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts