Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota 2ZR engine tuning
2ZR Turbo. 2ZR-FTE

Turbokits developed out of the Garrett GT2871R engines are specially designed for the 2ZR. They are provided with a complete set including: a turbocharger, intercooler, manifold, all the pipings, blow-off, 550 cc injectors, cold air intake, all necessary filters, fuel pump, oil feed lines, oil return line, and an ECU. You only need to buy a 2ZR turbokit, bolt it on the stock internals and adjust it. If necessary, you should also buy a Greddy E-manage. The configuration will allow you to develop 200 horsepower, at pressure boosted to 7 psi (0.5 bar).
To gain capacity and heighten reliability, you will need to purchase forged pistons fitted to 8.5-9 compression ratio, reinforced connecting rods, make a performance exhaust system 3”, bolt the 800 cc injectors on, and increase boost pressure. All the aftermarket parts will help to achieve more than 350 horsepower.
It is possible if you have 1ZR and 3ZR engines.

This could be an option for our FAE here if you wanna turbo it ...I dont wanna try it first lol just would like to see someone try it before me hahhaha

Also money is a factor for me...hence why I own a 19K vehicle hahaha :D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sounds promising.

Don't forget, unless you plan on doing this yourself, (which is a major job), you are going to be spending a lot at the shop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds promising.

Don't forget, unless you plan on doing this yourself, (which is a major job), you are going to be spending a lot at the shop.
I would want to do it myself. Just for now I do not have funds to do this craziness to my iM... I just wanted to get some info out to someone who might just be stupid rich and bought an iM....for....some reason lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would want to do it myself. Just for now I do not have funds to do this craziness to my iM... I just wanted to get some info out to someone who might just be stupid rich and bought an iM....for....some reason lol
Lol when you get halfway through a sentence and then realize.... oh ****... ;)

But it is good information if someone potentially, over time, wants to get some serious business done

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lol I'd be a ginnie pig if we make a Scion im needs boost fund with a extremely.. Extremely sad description... (Joking.. maybe) but seriously.. boost Super or Turbocharged please Toyoda & other awesome performance manufacturers pls! D:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts