Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. In case anyone here was interested in Optimum Gloss Coat, I just applied it. It was very easy to apply and should offer some great protection. First, I washed with dawn and apc to remove any old waxes/oils, then followed up with a clay bar and QD. Once clayed, I went over all the painted surfaces with optimum hyper polish w/ a micro fiber pad on a griots DA polisher. Then, I wiped everything down with CarPro eraser versus a standard 15% IPA mixture. The blizzard white paint was in awesome shape, with the exception of a bunch of black spots and some rail dust. Also, this was performed over XPel paint protection film, too.

I'll continue to keep this thread updated. I'm just a novice detailer, but lmk if you guys have any questions. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
661 Posts
So I take it the paint had no orange peel? Or just not enough of it going on for you to be concerned about it?

Also in for seeing pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So I take it the paint had no orange peel? Or just not enough of it going on for you to be concerned about it?

Also in for seeing pictures!
The paint does have some slight orange peel, but not nearly as much as my BMW. I don't mind the orange peel, I just wanted to ensure that I removed any contaminants embedded into the clear. Rail dust, if not addressed, will form rust spots in the paint....it's more apparent on white. Here's an iPhone pic, but white is too difficult to photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
The paint does have some slight orange peel, but not nearly as much as my BMW. I don't mind the orange peel, I just wanted to ensure that I removed any contaminants embedded into the clear. Rail dust, if not addressed, will form rust spots in the paint....it's more apparent on white. Here's an iPhone pic, but white is too difficult to photo.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wasn't aware of that. Good to know, the more I learn about paint the more I learn there's a lot of intricacies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts