Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2018 iM with light mileage. It seems to sit too low somehow, and touches bottom on our gravel drive, uneven roads or with speed bumps etc. Are there any simple adjustments to raise the suspension a bit so it sits higher?

We need to get snow tires in the near future - can a tire style be purchased to also raise the vehicle somewhat? Most of the cars features are very solid so would not want this to become a major problem which required giving up the car, though the low roof in the back seat is also an issue for a growing family. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have just purchased a 2018 iM with light mileage. It seems to sit too low somehow, and touches bottom on our gravel drive, uneven roads or with speed bumps etc. Are there any simple adjustments to raise the suspension a bit so it sits higher?

We need to get snow tires in the near future - can a tire style be purchased to also raise the vehicle somewhat? Most of the cars features are very solid so would not want this to become a major problem which required giving up the car, though the low roof in the back seat is also an issue for a growing family. Thanks for your suggestions.
Looks Stock Height to me from the picture you posted in the other thread!...So yea....Cant really raise the car unless you get AirBag Suspension.

If you get a fatter Sidewall tires might help slightly...Not much...You can try getting bigger wheels like 19" ones..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's bad news. Not sure how we can tweak the slope and nature of our drive to avoid this. It is under factory warranty so I assume it would be worth asking if anything is off with the suspension or if they have any relative inexpensive ideas how to handle this. I would hope we don't have to give up the car as it performs quite well and meets most of our expectations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.
So what happened with this situation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what happened with this situation?
It has not been resolved and will require a rebuilding of the driveway. As the problem happens where the street curves down and up at the end of the drive, it may require getting the city to collaborate when they repave and help by reshaping that section. That won't be an easy thing to persuade them to do. This is the result of low builds for ergonomics and airflow. I would park on the street except for overnight bans for plows in winter. But also the driver door was damaged in a hit and run when parked on a street and was restored with insurance at the cost of a deductible. Street parking is always a risk I guess.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It has not been resolved and will require a rebuilding of the driveway. As the problem happens where the street curves down and up at the end of the drive, it may require getting the city to collaborate when they repave and help by reshaping that section. That won't be an easy thing to persuade them to do. This is the result of low builds for ergonomics and airflow. I would park on the street except for overnight bans for plows in winter. But also the driver door was damaged in a hit and run when parked on a street and was restored with insurance at the cost of a deductible. Street parking is always a risk I guess.
You should post some pics so we can see what you are dealing with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts