Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

"Owner" is in quotes because it's my wife's car; but I'll be in charge of maintenance (after the first 2 years anyways) and being "google" when she has a question about it, hence joining the forum.

She went with the corolla iM for a couple reasons; one her Yaris was always good to her (2007) and Toyota's have been good to her family (and lets face it, basically everyone that owns a Toyota), and two, we got a really good deal on it, a way better deal compared to the Mazda 3 hatch we were looking at.

It's a 6mt base model, black on black (we refuse to buy autos/cvts/dcts etc.) We bought it in July and it has a little over 3k miles on it at this point. I hardly ever drive it, but when I do, two things impress me - how rigid the chassis is, and how tight the brake pedal is. I think I preferred her Yaris to this car overall, it was about 600-700lbs lighter and the engine liked to rev, but this car is far safer for our 3YO in the back seat than that Yaris was, and the extra cargo space is much appreciated.

looking forward to finding out as much as I can about this car, and hopefully I don't have to deal with any issues along the way, but being a member of this forum will likely be invaluable should a situation arise.

happy motoring

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Howdy all,

"Owner" is in quotes because it's my wife's car; but I'll be in charge of maintenance (after the first 2 years anyways) and being "google" when she has a question about it, hence joining the forum.

She went with the corolla iM for a couple reasons; one her Yaris was always good to her (2007) and Toyota's have been good to her family (and lets face it, basically everyone that owns a Toyota), and two, we got a really good deal on it, a way better deal compared to the Mazda 3 hatch we were looking at.

It's a 6mt base model, black on black (we refuse to buy autos/cvts/dcts etc.) We bought it in July and it has a little over 3k miles on it at this point. I hardly ever drive it, but when I do, two things impress me - how rigid the chassis is, and how tight the brake pedal is. I think I preferred her Yaris to this car overall, it was about 600-700lbs lighter and the engine liked to rev, but this car is far safer for our 3YO in the back seat than that Yaris was, and the extra cargo space is much appreciated.

looking forward to finding out as much as I can about this car, and hopefully I don't have to deal with any issues along the way, but being a member of this forum will likely be invaluable should a situation arise.

happy motoring
Welcome to you and her

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to you and her
Thanks, just put a winter set of 16" steelies and snows on it. The stock tires were abysmal in the snow & cold - we live in a hilly area & I had to play the 1-2 spinning tires & sawing at the wheel game up the hills, and the engine braking barely touch the pedal game on the way down. No way I want my wife dealing with that, especially with our son in the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts