Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am a new owner to a 2016 scion Im (manual transmission 6 speed). I don't know where to start as this is my first car, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on audio systems (speakers, sub woofer etc.) that I can put into the car? Also a price range if possible. Very excited to see where the road takes me, love the new car. Also irrelevant from the topic, unless I suck at driving does the car seem to stop picking up as much when going from first to second or second to third? Thanks for all the advice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a Rockville 10" Basstube in my '18 iM.
You will need a harness that goes from the factory harness to head unit that adds a receiver wire (acc wire) and RCAs. You can look on ebay for everything. Do as much research as you can. I wired mine down from the fire wall gasket behind the glove box and brought through the driver side trim pieces to the back (where the back seats split the back from the "trunk"). Sorry for no links or pics, just signed up to this forum and am at work right now.

I think everything (including a remote start module and T harness) cost me about a little less than 400 bucks. The iM already has a nice, dynamic sound system. But that extra bass definitely completes the huge interior space of the hatchback.

GL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.