Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone have ant brake issues?? Yesterday the brakes just locked up and ended up hitting someone. Took it to toyota today and even they are locking up the brakes. Now they are giving me a rental. Just a heads up for everyone. My scion only has 8k miles. P.S. a code did show up on the computer but won't tell me what it says.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hey does anyone have ant brake issues?? Yesterday the brakes just locked up and ended up hitting someone. Took it to toyota today and even they are locking up the brakes. Now they are giving me a rental. Just a heads up for everyone. My scion only has 8k miles. P.S. a code did show up on the computer but won't tell me what it says.

Well that sucks, anyone get hurt? :( At least it was repeating at the shop.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not quite sure why it happened. I was in an accident not to long ago same thing happened to me although it was in the canyons brakes locked and I slid into the barrier.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Holy moly, glad to hear you guys are okay. Thankfully it was something that could be logged and you didn't get faulted for it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one was hurt but it did cause damage to another car. I advise anyone that had their brakes lock up, take it to toyota. They are keeping my car for 5 days and admit that there is something wrong with the brake system. I know they will be paying for everything since this will be a manufacturer issue and a vehicle that only has 8k miles. Wrecked the **** car before it even got its first oil change.

If this happen to you better take it in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad to know you & others are alright! & thank you for the future warning this will help us as an extra reference if this incident happends to us!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did your brakes just locked up while cruising or it locked up when u stepped on the brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts