Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! New member here, long time viewer.

After about a year or so of pulling my hair out deciding what car I wanted to buy, I decided on the iM back in August. This was the first new car I had purchased myself. After debating on a Mazda 3 hatch, a CX-5, or awaiting on the new civic hatch, I am happy with my chouce. I had to give up my 2003 S10 that had served me well but I was ready for a better daily driver. This will be my first non-American made car and after working on cars for 8 years I could not be happier about that.

Attached is a pic of the old and the new!

I have been enjoying driving her for a few months and I have no regrets on the choice.

While I would agree to a bit of extra power (say ~150HP overall) but I think it is perfect and adequate for a daily. I never really was a speed demon anyway.

There will be much to be done and I will have some questions for you all.

Next upgrade she gets past the basic will be a stereo system. I was an installer for 8 years so factory sound systems don't do much for me.

I look forward to communicating with everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Greetings everyone! New member here, long time viewer.

After about a year or so of pulling my hair out deciding what car I wanted to buy, I decided on the iM back in August. This was the first new car I had purchased myself. After debating on a Mazda 3 hatch, a CX-5, or awaiting on the new civic hatch, I am happy with my chouce. I had to give up my 2003 S10 that had served me well but I was ready for a better daily driver. This will be my first non-American made car and after working on cars for 8 years I could not be happier about that.

Attached is a pic of the old and the new!

I have been enjoying driving her for a few months and I have no regrets on the choice.

While I would agree to a bit of extra power (say ~150HP overall) but I think it is perfect and adequate for a daily. I never really was a speed demon anyway.

There will be much to be done and I will have some questions for you all.

Next upgrade she gets past the basic will be a stereo system. I was an installer for 8 years so factory sound systems don't do much for me.

I look forward to communicating with everyone!
Congrats! Do you live in Florida?

FYI - Pioneer 4200NEX is on sale at Best Buy for just $499! It is cheaper than Amazon or even eBay. I just bought one for myself.

Reactions: IM Matt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts