Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure If everybody here follows the Facebook group so here are some pics of my blue im with some mods.

Got my roof racks.

My light bar and fog lights with halos

My nifty switches for the lights

·
Registered
196 Posts
My light bar and fog lights with halos

Did u install the mudguards yourself? I have the mudguard set... I just could not figure out the spring clips...

I also have those fog lamp bezels from japan... Im just skeptic if i can do the fog light wiring on my own lol... Did u wire those your self? What fog light set did u get?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed everything myself. I'll look for the mud guard instructions I had printed out. I believe I used 2013 corolla foglight that I got cheap on ebay that came with all the wiring.
The foglight bezels were a little over $100 from japan. The racks were $160 from Ireland.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rear toyota emblem is from 2013 avalon and the auris and RS and valvematic badges are all from japan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm confused (Not a hard thing to do) You have a Scion iM, you are proud of your iM but you go out of your way to make it a Toyota Auris. Do you see where I'm coming from? Also when cops stop a car they usually call in the plate of the car and the description of the vehicle (In your case Toyota Auris) Imagine what it will look like when the tag comes back for a Scion iM. Can you say Stolen Car, of course that's before they run the VIN on the car and compare it to the registration. I'm not trying to rain on you parade, just food for thought.

CAD-Man

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm confused (Not a hard thing to do) You have a Scion iM, you are proud of your iM but you go out of your way to make it a Toyota Auris. Do you see where I'm coming from? Also when cops stop a car they usually call in the plate of the car and the description of the vehicle (In your case Toyota Auris) Imagine what it will look like when the tag comes back for a Scion iM. Can you say Stolen Car, of course that's before they run the VIN on the car and compare it to the registration. I'm not trying to rain on you parade, just food for thought.

CAD-Man
I dont think there is going to be issues at all... I had a hyundai tiburon and rebadged it as Tuscani (korea version)... Got pulled over for non working brake lights... No issues... G35's rebadged their cars skyline, no issues either.... Some cars take off all emblems, no issues either.... :)

For some, its more of an art.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Over here it is very popular for people to just debadge cars and trucks. Not a big deal. I'm all for being different and standing out. I can safely say I'm the only one on this island with a rebadged iM, only one with racks and foglights and light bar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Over here it is very popular for people to just debadge cars and trucks. Not a big deal. I'm all for being different and standing out. I can safely say I'm the only one on this island with a rebadged iM, only one with racks and foglights and light bar.
I like it.... I just thought about this.... You are actually putting the car to what it should be by rebadging it. After all, the iM is a toyota auris. Good job on the car!:)

·
Registered
352 Posts

CAD-Man

It's an extremely common thing. Acura guys using Honda badges. Lexus SC400 owners using Soarer badges and emblems. I have never heard of a cop giving any trouble at all, or anything near close to assuming it was a stolen vehicle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not wanting to fuel the fire just giving my opinion on the emblem thing. Imho if say the badges/decals are related to the vehicle/Manufacturers most likely it wouldn't be a problem like say like previous post said honda/Acura Lexus/Toyota/Scion Hyundai & the Korea version Subaru etc..
It's true that once license plates are run your vehicle type/manufacturer would show.. But say if you put like mitsubishi emblems on a Subaru and the cops run it & put two & two together (Assuming they know their car stuff) Then yh imho that'd be a problem lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts