Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
haha wow Magazines huh?.....what are those?

Back in the day before the internet...I use to regularly visit Barnes & Noble and go to the Magazine section and look at:

- Import Tuner
- Super Street
- Honda Power
- Autoweek
- Car & driver

some other ones too!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeaa a lot of the others died out I think, I'm not sure if there's that much of a selection anymore.. I think superstreet has one for itself (other than pasmag) and there was one more I think I've seen.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I used to read D-Sport Magazine since I was big into drag racing and overall high performance imports. Then PASMAG, Super Street, MotorTrend, and Car and Driver. But these days I don't read any physical magazines from automotive publications.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I can't remember the last printed car mag I actually read but I do keep up with it with my subscription of Consumer Reports if that counts. My favorites were "Under this tree", "Living Room Performance", "Skeeter's Monthly". :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
HyperREV Magazine

I have a few collections of HyperREV magazines, but haven't seen one for an Auris/iM/Corolla LEVIN ZR. The contents are in Japanese text, but awesome photos & information on all the different models.

They have one for the Prius/Aqua but why not ours?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I used to read D-Sport Magazine since I was big into drag racing and overall high performance imports. Then PASMAG, Super Street, MotorTrend, and Car and Driver. But these days I don't read any physical magazines from automotive publications.
Completely forgot about D-Sport ! I think I got a DVD in one of the packages one time and it was like HIN event coverage or something like that ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Super Street and Import Tuner were the big ones back in 1999 when I read magazines and everyone still had AOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was reading Super Street Magazine before the era of Fast & Furious....I am old.....lol

AND back then had to order aftermarket parts through the magazines advertisements in the magazines!....haha

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh the pain

I was reading Super Street Magazine before the era of Fast & Furious....I am old.....lol

AND back then had to order aftermarket parts through the magazines advertisements in the magazines!....haha

Having to mail in an order form, wow we have come a long way. I remember sending off for a few things from comic books, seemed to take forever and you did not even know they got it for weeks,

·
Registered
352 Posts
Using the good ol' snail mail. The good days lol. No electronic tracking numbers, it was just having a mild-heart attack seeing the FedEx guy

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nopi !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts