Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i'm enjoying the new im experience so far, with one exception: the steering is so light that at highway speeds i feel like the slightest touch can send me almost into the next lane. i don't believe that the sport setting alters the steering weight at all, is there anything that anyone's done out there about this? i doubt that its something that can be changed with fluid or settings or anything but hey.. who knows?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Never really thought about altering the steering weight. Maybe more positive + Caster? but that was done on a G8, not sure about a Scion iM.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you turn left or right at lower speeds do you feel any difference in the steering wheel effort? Or does it feel exactly the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never really thought about altering the steering weight. Maybe more positive + Caster? but that was done on a G8, not sure about a Scion iM.
im pretty resigned to the fact that i'll just have to get used to it, because the other car is a subaru brz, a lot of other steering racks feel lighter or not as precise in comparison.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The brz steering is pretty light indeed, you can steer that thing with a pinky lol. But definitely, it's the electric power steering. Can't just add weight to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That be it. Doesn't seem too hard. On the XB, you have to pull the dash apart to get to that ecu, just a bunch clips.

I was tempted but I after doing several long canyon runs, I got use to the feel. I now depend more on what I feel from my seat than the steering. I kind of like the soft steering now cause I do quick little jerks to set the rear of the car when going into to turn, that's a new trick for me. Never did that in my old Jetta.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That be it. Doesn't seem too hard. On the XB, you have to pull the dash apart to get to that ecu, just a bunch clips.

I was tempted but I after doing several long canyon runs, I got use to the feel. I now depend more on what I feel from my seat than the steering. I kind of like the soft steering now cause I do quick little jerks to set the rear of the car when going into to turn, that's a new trick for me. Never did that in my old Jetta.
i don't understand the complaints with electric PS, it feels great to me, makes the car feel so nimble and forgiving. i think it's just the purists crying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts