Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum!

Hope everyone is well.

Here's my question... Every morning or everytime I'm about drive the car, I shift to 1st and let go of the clutch, I hear this tiny grind coming from my transmission. I warm up my car for 30 minutes every day so it's not cold. I can figure it out. Maybe I'm not giving it enough gas when I release the clutch. I think that might be it because when I let go off the clutch the RPMs drop to 1000- 1100 and I go.

Has anybody experienced this?

I hope this made sense. Help a brother out squad.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey Forum!

Hope everyone is well.

Here's my question... Every morning or everytime I'm about drive the car, I shift to 1st and let go of the clutch, I hear this tiny grind coming from my transmission. I warm up my car for 30 minutes every day so it's not cold. I can figure it out. Maybe I'm not giving it enough gas when I release the clutch. I think that might be it because when I let go off the clutch the RPMs drop to 1000- 1100 and I go.

Has anybody experienced this?

I hope this made sense. Help a brother out squad.
Not sure about the noise but warming your car for 30 minutes everyday is a waste of gas and money. The best thing you can do is start the car and start driving easy. It will only take a very short time before you have heat and a warmed up engine. This also burns off the condensation within the engine and oil much faster and is much better for the health of the engine longterm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts