Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jet Mass Air Sensor #69160 promises increased performance and horsepower. Has anyone tried it on their IM yet? Reviews are mixed on Amazon.

Here is an excerpt from the Jet Website.

The JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor delivers improved horsepower, torque and mileage from your car, truck or SUV by simply replacing the restrictive stock mass air sensor. The factory sensor not only is a major restrictive point in stock intake systems, but it also limits the full potential of aftermarket cold air intake systems. The flow bench tested design of the JET Mass Air Sensor provides airflow increases of up to 45% and installs in 10 minutes or less. Compatible with other aftermarket upgrades such as computer upgrades, cold air intakes, TBI spacers, free flow exhaust systems, etc. Instructions
This JET Powr-Flo Mass Airflow Sensor is now legal for use in California and other states that have adopted California emission standards under C.A.R.B. E.O.# D-234-13

Let me know, hoping this actually works b/c I am tired of the horrible off-the-line acceleration on my 2016 IM.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks like a good option if it works, simple to install. Can't find any documented results however. See folks who have gotten them saying they see benefits, and a lot of people who don't saying there is no way it would work.

Can see where it should improve airflow, but also wonder if it just tricks the ecu into running things a little leaner. Probably see more results with a cold air kit over a stock setup.

If you get one, definitely let us know what results you have, looks like you can get one for ~$162 - may give it a shot at some point.

One thing you might look into for better response would be a Pedal Commander or something similar. It adjusts the signal from the gas pedal to reduce the lag caused by the drive by wire system.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/product/pedal-commander-p4-pc55/?motor=1.8L+4-cyl&v=7516fd43adaa

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The Amazon reviews are very mixed.

I myself have the Pedal Commander and can attest to the much better throttle response.

None of the mods will give you more HP, they will just give you a more responsive throttle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jet Mass Air Sensor #69160 promises increased performance and horsepower. Has anyone tried it on their IM yet? Reviews are mixed on Amazon.

Here is an excerpt from the Jet Website.

The JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor delivers improved horsepower, torque and mileage from your car, truck or SUV by simply replacing the restrictive stock mass air sensor. The factory sensor not only is a major restrictive point in stock intake systems, but it also limits the full potential of aftermarket cold air intake systems. The flow bench tested design of the JET Mass Air Sensor provides airflow increases of up to 45% and installs in 10 minutes or less. Compatible with other aftermarket upgrades such as computer upgrades, cold air intakes, TBI spacers, free flow exhaust systems, etc. Instructions
This JET Powr-Flo Mass Airflow Sensor is now legal for use in California and other states that have adopted California emission standards under C.A.R.B. E.O.# D-234-13

Let me know, hoping this actually works b/c I am tired of the horrible off-the-line acceleration on my 2016 IM.
I have installed this on my Cold Air INJEN setup in my 2016 Scion iM I think it did help on the hwy I reached 47.6 mpg local driving 2-4 mpg ....Sept10,2019 Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like a good option if it works, simple to install. Can't find any documented results however. See folks who have gotten them saying they see benefits, and a lot of people who don't saying there is no way it would work.

Can see where it should improve airflow, but also wonder if it just tricks the ecu into running things a little leaner. Probably see more results with a cold air kit over a stock setup.

If you get one, definitely let us know what results you have, looks like you can get one for ~$162 - may give it a shot at some point.

One thing you might look into for better response would be a Pedal Commander or something similar. It adjusts the signal from the gas pedal to reduce the lag caused by the drive by wire system.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/product/pedal-commander-p4-pc55/?motor=1.8L+4-cyl&v=7516fd43adaa
A brand called Sprint Booster #SBSCOO23S $299.00 works to solve the lag on the electronic wire throttle issue features 9 settings plugs into accelerator pedal .This company was out before Pedal Commander .If you use this product I was told you cannot use The Orange Virus tuning software ... that costs $600.00 with this .Sept2019

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Jet maf. I took the sticker off the top cuz it looked tacky and it says denso underneath. It did not work for me and I have full i/h/e exhaust done. I just left it in there so I dont have to clean the old maf as soon. Didnt cause a cel light but I can attest to the fact that it's snake oil.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have the Jet maf. I took the sticker off the top cuz it looked tacky and it says denso underneath. It did not work for me and I have full i/h/e exhaust done. I just left it in there so I dont have to clean the old maf as soon. Didnt cause a cel light but I can attest to the fact that it's snake oil.
Did not work for me, threw codes even after several attempts of resetting the computer. After talking to the Jet folks they believe that my combination of Pedal Commander and Jet MAF was not compatible

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did not work for me, threw codes even after several attempts of resetting the computer. After talking to the Jet folks they believe that my combination of Pedal Commander and Jet MAF was not compatible
Oh no kidding. But to me what they said doesn't really make sense since the Pedal Commander doesn't alter anything with airflow to the ecu like the Jet maf does, just intercepts the signal from the pedal to the ecu. Two completely different aspects of ECU control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts