Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the name of the jack stands I would need to buy that have a split part in the middle of the stand? The side skirts would most likely pop out or get damaged using a regular jack.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That is true. If not a C they'll have cutouts around the edges making it look like a castle top. You should be able to get one with an extension so you can clean the skirt and all of that good stuff

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ah.. depends for me. If the pinch welds are rusty, then definitely I'd go with the frame rails. Otherwise pinch welds all day long.. just easier for me lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ah.. depends for me. If the pinch welds are rusty, then definitely I'd go with the frame rails. Otherwise pinch welds all day long.. just easier for me lol
My pinch welds where the jack points are on my Mazda are messed up badly...some spots are bent up all the way gone and stuff ...lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
My pinch welds where the jack points are on my Mazda are messed up badly...some spots are bent up all the way gone and stuff ...lol
my SC had none lol, they were all completely flattened from 25 years of jacks and jack stands
Lol I can definitely relate to those situations ! Life becomes a lot tougher and you start to question if it's even worth doing it. I got too lazy to the point where I just went to a shop that had a drive on hoist ahah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts